10 Point Usability Manifesto
- Use appropriate methods for each development stage.
- Test first what you need to understand most.
- Field testing approaches obtain user feedback in context.
- Focus on understanding the design, not just evaluation.
- Gather the metrics that help you understand the problem and solutions.
- Leverage experience in all facets of design and usability.
- Look at the business process as well as the user needs.
- Involve the user with the design process.
- Use the appropriate number of test participants.
- Offer the right documentation.
I think I’ll write my own ten points to getting better usability.