My blog has been offline for a while (2 months), I was having accessing the Moveable Type 2.661 installation. I could not log in to the MT administrator interface, there seemed to be an issue with the password matching between the MT Perl modules and the password stored in MySQL. The inital problems were related to changes in the MySQL encrypt() function between version 4.0.x and 4.1.x. I installed MySQL 4.0.10 on my Powerbook running 10.4.2. I exported the database from TextDrive using “mysqldump—compatible=mysql40—lock-tables=FALSE” to be compatible for MySQL 4.0.x import and to overcome an issue with locking tables issues
After struggling installing, downloading, compiling, using etc. DBI::Bundle and DBD::MySQL on 10.4, Kevin suggested that I just skip all of that nonsense and use ActiveState’s ActivePerl
ActivePerl install like a dream. A quick sed command (sed -i -s ’s/#!/usr/ActivePerl-5.8/bin/perl -w/#!/usr/local/ActivePerl-5.8/bin/perl -w/’ *.cgi ) on my MoveableType install in ’/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables’ to replace the standard ’!#/usr/bin/perl’ to point all of the cgi’s to the ActivePerl installation. And I thought I’d be in business. mt-check.cgi gave the all clear, everything loaded, but I was still getting “Invalid Login.” errors from MoveableType.
I remembered using MT-Medic to fix other MT issues. Drop mt-medic.cgi into my cgi-bin directory, update the ADMIN password and perl path. Everything loads just fine. Jeesh, update the password and voila, I’m able to log in to MT for the first time in over 2 months. Very strange. I am still not able to access MT running on TextDrive but it seems like the right time to move to:
To top it off I need to just RTFM. Turns out that I didn’t need to be able to log into the Moveable Type author side and export a file. TextPattern has a direct MySQL import for MoveableType. It didn’t seem to work the best for me. It imported the mt_entries just fine, but comments, categories, etc. are a little wonky.