Sean Wise pinged me to post an RFP for a very cool project. The project is aimed at creating the Brand and inital UI for an online community aimed at “revolutionizing the early stage and seed venture venture capital industries”. All of the proposals are due on March 7, 2008, this leaves you less than 7 days. Pinging Radiant Core, Wishingline Studios, Adaptive Path, Expero, ElectricPulp and others. Looks like an interesting project.
Just as Wikipedia disrupted the knowledge business, and just as Ebay globalized the garage sale, a large, Manhattan based, historical Private Equity firm is creating an online community pursuant to which it will attempt to revolutionize the early stages and seed venture capital industries. Made up of high net worth investors, startup founders and other members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, this initiative will attempt to leverage the wisdom of crowds and the participation of knowledgeable community to build betters startups and generate higher ROIs for the investors that back them.
Deliverables and Outcomes
Upon conclusion of this exercise the winning firm will deliver (in conjunction with our community manager, the firm's senior management and our VP of Marketing) in digital and print forms the following:
- After 30 days, Phase 1:
- 3 complete brand identities including: Name, Tagline, and Logo
- User Experience Profiles
- After 60 days, Phase 2:
- A user interface geared to maximize community engagement
- Copy to be used for the website
- After 90 days, Phase 3:
- Secondary Branding material
- A customer acquisition program with all related marketing material
- Introductory Slide Deck
Upon the satisfactory completion of each phase the winning firm will be paid US$10,000. Upon completion of all three phases the winning firm will be paid an additional US$10,000 bringing the total, all in, consideration for this project at $40,000.
Criteria for Decision
We will weigh the following in choosing a winner:
- Prior direct experience with our target demographic
- Relevance of samples submitted
- Ability to do both high level strategy and grass roots tactical elements
- Are due no later than March 7th, 2008.
- Resumes of the designers involved.
- Background on the firm.
- Samples of previous relevant assignments, particularly those that dealt with financial services, community building or crowd sourcing.
- Should be sent in as 1 pdf file.
- Should be submitted to Sean [at] WiseMentorCapital.com