- HotorNot acquired for $20M cash by a Toronto company, AvidLifeMedia, wowsers! Whois records list Raja Bhatia, one of the founders of FiveLimes along with Chris Sukornyk who is apparently has left Kaboose to do another startup
- Ryan McMinn is presenting at Ignite Seattle
A pseudoscience guide to geek dating – How the things you know and love like numbers, stats, charts & obsessive tendencies can actually help your dating life.
- Six Hour Startup or Blitzweekend it looks like an entertaining way to spend a weekend building something.
- Ryan Carson from Carsonified talking about what you need to build a web startup. His recommendations include using Moo Cards for business cards, WordPress for content management, Veer to design a word-mark logo, and cashflow basics. This is all great stuff, but very, very basic.
- CatchTheBest looks like a very interesting applicant-tracking system. Being able to share information with your colleagues about candidates during the recruiting process can help improve the experience for everyone involved. My favourite part is that it’s recommended by my friend Scott Lake at JadedPixel | Shopify. My complaint is that they do not provide any details about Catch The Best, Inc.
- Reg Braithwaite shares his thoughts about hiring programmers and it turns out to be a very insightful post about job postings, interview questions, and the evaluation metrics necessary to improve your hiring process.
- NY Times infographic of How Americans Spend their Money
The most interesting part for me is the economic S curve of the adoption or purchase of technologies. The rate of consumption, i.e., the rate of adoption is increasing.
- Free CSS Templates contains Creative Commons Attribution licensed templates and graphics. FreeWPThemes is the same but for WordPress themes. I’m partial to glazed and stanardissue