- Top 10 Startups Worth Watching includes investments from: Sequoia Captial is listed on 4; Google, Accel Partners and The Founder’s Fund listed on 2.
- Toronto-based OANDA has raised $117 Million from Index Ventures. Founded by UofT EECE prof Michael Stumm.
- Local startups, ProductWiki and ZeroFootprint are up for Crunchies you can vote for ProductWiki in the bootstrapped category and vote for ZeroFootprint in the make the world a better place category.
- Office Business Applications is like building RIAs that consume remote data but it’s a world where Office applications provide the front-end for LOB applications and web services (a better description at InfoQ). There is a huge installed base of MS Office users, and OBA apps offer a familiar, richer experience. There is even an Office Developer Conference sponsored by Infusion Development which runs Infusion Angels. Unfortunately there isn’t a portfolio of investments.
- Seedcamp is a Euro-YCombinator?
with strong ties to Index Ventures. Looks like they ran a very successful week long program from which 6 startups emerged.