My last isse of Business 2 arrived today. I’ve subscribed since the beginning. It represented the last my subscriptions to Boom-era business magazines. This list included The Industry Standard, Red Herring, and Business 2. I’ve renewed my subscription to Wired to help support the last of the pre-Bubble magazines that I still read. I’m going to take another look at Fast Company which I read in passing online. Additional details about the downfall of Business 2.0.
“It’s not a matter of how cheap you can start the company. You need to have a way to stop others form doing the same thing once they see that your idea is taking off.” – Bill Gross
Secret sauce. Patents. Defensibility.
- How to Change the World: Defensibility
- Counterpoint: Patents and Defensibility
- Union Ventures – Defensibiltiy
- The era of the disposable startup?
- Concurrent Startup Idea Generation and the Pervasive Copycat Fallacy
I’m going to miss Business 2.0.