Photo by Chris Messina
As we and I move forward I thought I’d re-reading Tom Peters Re-imagine! for some inspiration about working for a PSF [PDF: 900kb]. I was trying to describe my ideal client, my ideal project, what I should do.
- Projects that matter
- Projects that make a difference
- Projects that you can brag about – forever
- Projects that can transform the enterprise
- Projects that take your breath away
- Projects that make you/me/us smile
- Project that are not hype
- Project that are a necessity
My good friend Jess McMullin has begun to create a great philosophy about how to use design methods to ensure WOW! projects. (Jess and nForm have built some great projects including the UX Methods which reminds me of the IDEO Method Cards.)
The thing I take away from Jess’ presentation, and the WOW! Projects chapter in Re-imagine is that you have to create something, even if it is a giant failure.
“Reward excellent failures.” “Punish mediocre successes.”—Tom Peters
We need to take risks. We need to strive to be better. We need to change the world.