This workshop is an opportunity for everyone involved in design and usability to upgrade their understanding of the accessibility and practical advice for improving accessibility in their applications and sites.
We have our speakers lined up and they’re excellent! In a few days, we’ll have the bios and other details, so check back for updates.
In the workshop, you’ll learn:
- The applicable legal and regulatory rules and how they are enforced in Canada;
- Who is subject to them and what’s their rationale?
- Is the U.S. relevant for companies with U.S. customers accessing Canadian sites?
- What are the typical contractual accessibility requirements for federal, provincial and municipal suppliers?
Accessibility is not only an issue of reaching people with disabilities but is also good business. Learn:
- How accessibility techniques improve a site’s usability in general?
- How it helps increase the number of people who can use a site (i.e., a larger market)?
- How it enhances the PR value of your business (caring for the less fortunate is a Canadian value)?
Accessibility issues and needs arise in specific design/development techniques. Examples include AJAX, Flash and search engine optimization