Jay, Joey, Bryce and I are happy to announce DemoCampToronto9, DemoCampToronto10 and DemoCampToronto11. And it looks like all 15 demo slots for these next 3 events have been booked. We’re introducing a new question for all presenters:
- Who are you?
- What are you demoing?
- What do you hope to get from the community?
- What will the community/audience get out of your demo?
This is an open opportunity to come and show the community what you do, what you are passionate about, something you’ve built, etc. There is an open question about why the community should care. Presenters realize that while DemoCamp can be a great way to show your product or work to a group of your peers, you still need to realize that you are presenting to the community. And presenters should take the opportunity to find out what makes a great Demo. Check out the seven minute demo given by Avi and Andrew of DabbleDB. DemoCamp demos are twice as long, which might be part of the problem. (You can check out the presentations from Under-the-Radar or the video archives from DEMO ). If DabbleDB isn’t your thing, check out Howard and Alec win a DEMOGod award with this fantastic demo
- How to present to investors
- Tips for DemoCamp presenters
- What makes a great Demo
- DemoCamp get your game on
- How to be a DEMO God
- DictaBrain – Rapid Voice to Text to Blog Transcription
- InfoQ.com – Floyd Marinescu
- ConceptShare A new way to share and manage visual design concepts
- the eMail company Build online webforms, webpolls, surveys, refer a friend forms, subscriber profile centres on the fly…and sooooo much more
- Unspace presents.. Pursudo – put yourself out there
- Online Grading and Code Review – Jennifer Campbell, Sana Tapal, Andrey Petrov
- Tom Purves – firestoker
- the world’s first Smalltalk ISP – http://www.brokentomb.com
- PBJ – Web 0.1
- Livin’ la Vida Emacs – SachaChua
- AutoSSL – Provision trusted SSL certificates to home-based web servers and devices
- My Studio Assistant – Prototype web application targeting professional fine, craft & dÃ©cor artists
- Freshnews.ca – Canadian focused News Aggregator by Colin Smillie and Roy Pereira
- Design Bibliography—Collectively created annotated bibliography and glossary for the Design (usability, systems, information, social) community; it’s a wiki!—Sunir Shah
- Andrew Reynolds: Selenium