Covarity is a software company based in Kitchener, Ontario that creates ground-breaking technology. We’re literally changing the way financial institutions do business by automating the loan review and monitoring process. Covarity offers a challenging, dynamic, and fun work environment and the opportunity for employees to grow with a company on the rise.
We are looking for a Technical Team Lead for our Network Operations department who will be responsible for design, configuration, system security, monitoring, capacity planning, maintenance, performance tuning, disaster recovery and change management.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Operating System
- Working knowledge on network, systems and application monitoring
- Installs, configures, and maintains client server infrastructure in support of business requirements
- Must have strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality service
- Expertise with network addressing, protocol troubleshooting tools
- Managed a data centre, server environment or lab
- Enjoys working on projects such as scalability, performance, security and business continuity for Bank clients in a Windows Server environment (OS, BizTalk, SQL)
- This role will contribute to the vision and direction for tactical and strategic server architecture, performance analysis, technical work in planning, installation, documentation and administration of all Windows based server applications and hardware
- Position serves as a senior level technical resource on complex-problems for both local and remote servers, maintain server security, access control, documentation, and take a proactive approach in server maintenance and monitoring
- Minimum 5 years of professional information technology experience gained from within an enterprise level computing environment
- BA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Team based role and have the ability to work effectively within the team and with external vendors is critical
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational, and project management skills, with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced team environment and is skilled at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Able to coach and supervise other systems administrators
E-mail your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message. Please be sure to provide some insight into your initiative, skills and achievement. We wish to thank all applicants but only those with qualifications consistent with the job requirements will be contacted.