Jet Cooper is a digital experience agency that specializes in building
smart end-user experiences for the web. Based in Toronto, our
growing team has a user-centric philosophy with a sworn duty to inject
some realness into the staled traditional approach.
Jet Cooper is looking for a junior to intermediate web designer in
Toronto with experience in designing smart and visually stunning user
interfaces for websites and web applications. The chosen candidate
will most commonly be producing flat mockups/comps, but an ability to
build semantic and standard-compliant XHTML/CSS templates are an
asset. Applicants must have strong design acumen and a desire to
learn and grow with the agency.
Candidates are being considered for a 3-6 month full time contract.
Pending fit, there are opportunities to extend the contract and scope
Email us at email@example.com with “Toronto Web Designer (WDW)” as the subject line. Please include the following information: (1) Resume; and (2) At least 5 examples that demonstrate skills described above. Serious inquiries only. Candidates will not be considered if these items are missing. Toronto applicants only.
Avid Life Media, a leading developer of some of the world’s most cutting edge dating web sites, is looking for a talented Junior Designer to join our growing team. You must be a team player who is able to communicate well, juggle multiple projects, proactively solve problems, and deliver against tight-deadlines in a fast paced environment.
This position located at our Toronto office at Yonge and Eglinton.
Your main responsibilities will be to design animated .gif banner ads/campaigns and landing pages. Other responsibilities will include designing HTML email creative, maintaining existing web properties, and other related projects. You will work closely with senior graphic designers and other departments to implement design with fast turnaround through all phases from concept to completion.
- Strong creative and technical skills including colour theory, typography, layout, user interface design and production techniques.
- Well-versed in the quirks of Firefox, IE6, IE7 and Safari, testing and assuring cross-browser and cross-platform quality and adherence.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with Flash and Actionscript.
Send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org No agencies or contractors please!
Trapeze Media (www.trapeze.com) is seeking a talented hands-on individual to join our team as a Web Developer.
What we do
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency.
As a member of the Web Development (UI) team, you will create sophisticated Content Management Platforms and web applications for prominent high traffic websites. You will work on a range of challenging projects with clients such as CBS, Reebok, Canadian Tire, Disney, Pizza Hut, MTV, Cineplex and Globe & Mail. You will be involved in all stages of development of the project, including ideation, technical specifications and prototypes, application architecture and data models, testing, coding, releases management and deployment.
What we use
- Flash (ActionScript 2.0 and ActionScript 3.0)
- XML and JSON
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ubuntu Linux and OS X
- Python, Django and PHP
- subversion and git
We want to hear from you if…
- you build accessible, standard compliant friendly websites
- you are a creative thinker, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- you are passionate about the web and you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- you have experience with cross-browsers coding
- you have some experience working with server-side code. Python and PHP are
Email your current resume to email@example.com with the words “Web Developer” in the subject line. No calls, drop-ins or faxes, please.
Have you ever wanted to be part of something really exciting? Work with the brightest talent in the industry? A place filled with dynamic professionals constantly resetting the standard for leadership and innovation?
Then this is where you want to be!
BlueCat Networks, the IPAM Intelligence Company is a profitable and rapidly growing leading provider of enterprise-class IP Address Management (IPAM) platforms and secure DNS / DHCP network administration appliances. Our award-winning Proteus IPAM platforms and Adonis family of DNS/DHCP appliances are helping meet the rising IP management demands of small-medium enterprises, government, military, financial services, retail and manufacturing organizations worldwide.
The UI Designer will be a driving force in setting new UI standards and paradigms. The success candidate will be passionate about great design, innovative solutions, and intuitive user experiences. As a member of the UXD (User Experience Design) team, the incumbent will work closely with product managers, engineers, and management to visually and creatively take product ideas to concept through wireframes and mockups. This individual needs to be a self-starter who enjoys working in collaborative environments, takes direction and criticism openly, and are able to contribute to the creative spirit of the company.
- Concrete understanding of UCD, usability and HCI principles and techniques, especially as related to GUI design for web applications.
- Amazing analytical skills – ability to identify existing usability challenges. Experience performing heuristic evaluations and usability tests, as well as documenting results and translating the findings into design improvements.
- Experience in leading the UX-design stages of software development.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and the Engineering team to gather requirements, help define the overall user experience strategy, create the interaction model, architect effective solutions using wireframes solutions and prototypes, iterate upon them, and then proceed to work with a team to implement the same.
- Be willing to challenge traditional design thinking and look for new and innovative ways to approach design projects and improve and streamline the user experience
- At least 5 years experience designing user interfaces for Web and/or collaborative applications
- Good knowledge of Web standards, the DOM, cross-browser & cross-platform (X)HTML/CSS/AJAX and Tapestry.
- Information design & navigation systems
- Application workflow diagramming
- Wire-framing & schematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and often intense project environment
- Extreme level of attention to detail
Post-secondary education in Programming, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field.
Commensurate with experience.
Email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
CAA South Central Ontario is looking for a Web & Multimedia Designer to join our growing eBusiness team.
What will you gain from your career experience at CAA SCO? Sure we’ve got great compensation, benefits and culture, but more importantly, you’ll thrive with the exposure to our multiple business lines including Travel, Insurance, Member Services and Member Advocacy!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build new web pages and make web page adjustments according to CAA brand standards and specifications supplied by the Business Unit and the Online Marketing Lead
- Work within scope of web site and brand standards (CSS, CAA standards) to ensure all pages on our site comply and site structure is maintained
- Ensure our web site is compatible across main browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera)
- Create reusable web site templates
- Build on-line web forms for email distribution or database input
- Design creative microsites for contests, may involve use of Flash, video, banners, etc.
- Design web images for web pages, banner ads, x-sell/up-sell icons, etc.
- Create and deploy CAA’s 2 monthly eNewsletters
- Ideally you’ll be up to date with web industry tools, best practices, new technologies, techniques and methodologies and will participate in continual review of our web solutions and processes to improve results for the team, business units and CAA overall.
Your Education & Skills
- University degree or college degree in computer science preferred
- Able to use current web standards, best practices and optimal coding practices
- Familiar with source code version control systems, QA testing processes
- Excellent design skills: typography, web page layout, colour, user interface (UI), navigation
- Able to design for cross-platform/cross-browser compatibility
- Experience designing for a corporate web site using brand standards.
To apply or learn more about CAA, visit our site http://www.caasco.com/ or apply directly to email@example.com
Please ensure to include urls with samples of your work.