Target Vacations is seeking a one-man (or woman!) web team. Our award-winning company is expanding and it’s time to bring our website in- house so we can react more quickly and have greater control. We are looking for an entrepreneurial travel fanatic who can lead our web efforts, including overseeing any contractors or future team members as we continue to grow.
- Proven visual design ability with portfolio link (applications without a link to an online portfolio will be rejected)
- Excellent XHTML/CSS skills, including thorough knowledge of cross-browser/platform issues, semantically-correct code, validation, and accessibility concerns
- SEO expertise, including knowledge of the latest techniques, and an awareness of marketing vs. technical issues
- Proven flair for user experience and information architecture design and an understanding that website beauty is much more than skin deep
- Some ability to produce Adobe Flash pieces (though nothing overly complicated will be done in-house)
- 3+ years of experience a designer/developer
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume in confidence
to careers [at] targetvacations [dot] ca. We thank everyone for their
interest. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
markET is looking for a Web Designer. To qualify you must create awesome designs for websites. You enjoy challenge and seek to grow into more senior roles over time. Your initial contract will be to design our new website. Subsequent contracts, leading to full-time employment, will be the design and renovation of our customer’s websites.
markET is a Toronto based company specializing in the field of Demand Generation. Whelp companies implement the latest inbound marketing techniques to produce more leads of higher quality at lower cost. We are a well-funded startup with an experienced
Management Team and we’ve entered the hottest growth area around on the ground foor. Come grow with us…
Using a supplied marketing brief, design our own website. Working from a design brief, and a client supplied style-guide, design new sites for our clients or renovate their existing ones. You will also work with the marketing department to design emails landing pages, and white paper and blog layouts for both internal uses and client needs
A college diploma is a minimum requirement.
A minimum of 3 years experience designing web applications.
Please specify your preferred graphic design programs in your application. Good spoken and written English communication skills are essential.
A working knowledge of HTML and CSS would be nice.
Position has been filled.
Random House of Canada Limited Digital Sales and Marketing Department is looking for a Web Site Programmer.
This is a contract position for approximately six – twelve months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coding components of the 6 main websites plus a small number of microsites that we currently manage, including programming and coding new sections for these sites, updating existing content and assisting with troubleshooting technical problems. Your work/portfolio should demonstrate an aptitude for hard-coding using non-WYSIWYG software on a MAC platform and a good eye for detail. An ability to multitask, work independently, communicate with the Digital team and meet deadlines is essential. Some design experience will be an asset.
Along with your resume, please provide a list of at least 3 web sites you have worked on, including a description of what aspects you were responsible for.
This position is located in our office in downtown Toronto.
Please send your resume via email to:
Trisha Whitney – email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The primary purpose of the position is to oversee, and manage web content for the Richard Ivey School of Business, including creating, editing, reorganizing and or repurposing existing copy to meet standards for web consumption. The Web Communication Specialist will work closely with the Web Analyst in IT to implement web communications initiatives that position the Ivey Business School and its people as an internationally recognized, world class organization.
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for content development and management of the corporate pages of the website, particularly the Homepage and About Ivey pages.
- Oversees content on all other areas of the website in terms of ensuring that messaging meets corporate communications, brand and formatting standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for editing, reorganizing and repurposing existing written copy to meet standards for web consumption and posts new content on a daily basis to maintain an evolving high profile web presence.
- Writes new content for the web as needed, particularly for the corporate pages noted above.
- Stays current with new web technologies and tools, such as social networking and podcasting, in order to advise and integrate person to person or other elements to engage our stakeholders online.
- Tracks web statistics and prepares periodic reports; analyzes data and implements or advises on content changes to improve user experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web design, site building and content management software tools for the development and maintenance of web sites.
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities
- University degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing
- Excellent overall writing skills with a minimum of three years professional Web-writing experience
- Extensive experience and skills in corporate communications, marketing, public relations or internal communications
- Technical understanding of website development
- Familiar with graphic design concepts
- Experience in Frontpage/Expression Web or similar content development and management applications as well image editing/creating applications (e.g., Adobe Photoshop)
- Familiar with content management systems and information architecture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated self-starter and independent worker with initiative and drive
- Proven ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
Email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a two year renewable employment contract with a comprehensive benefits package