Want to work with fun people, on a fun product, and make a huge difference? Then you want to be at Hot or Not. Hot or Not is one of the world’s top social entertainment and dating sites:
- Millions of people date through Hot or Not.
- Thousands of people find matches every day.
- We make money and AREN’T advertising supported.
Hot or Not is a fast-paced company that measures releases in days not weeks and rewards individual initiative and gumption.
This is key member of the team, and a growth position. We are looking for a web developer with strong front end skills that is passionate about web standards and ready to take on a huge code base.
- Develop a world class product and user experience using agile methodologies.
- Fix bugs and improve the user experience.
- Experience developing and deploying high availability, high performance web applications.
- Strong knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Ability to pickup new environments and languages quickly.
- Compatibility with a workplace built around small, highly motivated teams.
- Familiarity with modern web frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of Ruby / Rails, Python / Django is a plus.
- Good understanding of current web technologies such as AJAX, or Memcached is a plus.
How To Apply
Applicants are asked to click on the link and apply directly. http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IPNETWORKXS&cws=1&rid=37
Teehan+Lax Inc. is currently seeking a motivated, hands-on web developer to help our front-end development group on a 3 month contract, with possible extension. Developers are involved throughout our process and are encouraged to work through ideas and solutions with the entire design team.
- 5+ years development experience
- Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates
- Knowledge of developing cross platform/browser compatibility for dynamic web applications
- Adherence to web standards and object oriented programming
- Experience with source/version control software is a plus
- Self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Build a technology practice to support the work being done in both the programs and platforms sides of the business.
- Work with T+L processes and methodologies that deliver quality work
- Work with clients and third party technology groups to deliver great work
- Work with Dev team internally to create and deliver great work
- Experience with Flash
- Experience with server technologies bonus (PHP, MySQL)
What’s different about working at Teehan+Lax
We focus exclusively on front end user experience design for the digital channel. There are no technical build teams, no offline divisions. Everyone you’ll be working with desires to create best in breed online user experiences. In fact, 90% of the staff here hold creative positions. That means no Account Managers, no Managing Directors, no Business Analysts. We maintain very little hierarchy. There are two roles at Teehan+Lax: Partners and Associates. The people with the right skills are put on the right projects. We’re small and nimble. There are no pitch teams, no “B” teams. All of our staff work directly with our clients, so if a client has a question that relates to IA they’ll speak to the Associate or Partner who worked on it – not an
How to apply
If you’re talented, smart, hard-working and dedicated, we’ll enable you to do the best work of your career.
Send us a resume and portfolio of your work to “jobs [at] teehanlax [dot] com”. Suitable candidates will be contacted promptly.