A Toronto-based communications company is seeking a Front-End Web Developer for a permanent position starting immediately. You should have 2-3 years experience and a passion for web standards. You strive for excellence in your work and always seek to develop dynamic and usable sites for any audience. You have an ongoing desire to learn and share your knowledge. You want to participate in a culture of innovation and creativity and be part of a team that’s driven to succeed.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to conceptualize, develop and execute engaging and usable interactive experiences.
- Develop standards compliant and usable websites and contribute to site documentation.
- Ongoing site maintenance and updates.
- Participate in project processes, contribute to project completion and be accountable to deadlines.
- Advise on best practices and current trends, and come up with creative solutions to development problems or obstacles.
- Advanced knowledge and commitment to developing standards compliant sites (web and usability standards/best practices)
- Intermediate knowledge of Flash & ActionScript in developing rich experiences for the web
- Conversant in the following platforms: OS X, Windows XP & Vista.
- Proficiency using industry standard tools: Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of developing for cross platform/browser compatibility & accessibility
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization of websites
Required Soft Skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Self-directed, proactive and accountable problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized, thorough and motivated. Pays attention to the details.
- Willing to learn and seeks out opportunities.
- Solid analytical thinking.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of server-side technologies (ie. ASP.NET, PHP, JSP, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with industry leading content management systems
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux
- Experience working with a source control system (i.e. CVS, SVN)
Please email your resumé and portfolio to TPM Communications at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Intermediate Web Developer (Front-End)". No faxes or phone calls, please.
NexKlix is seeking a self-motivated freelance user experience architect to work with our strategy and design team. Immediate work includes defining and designing the user experience for a leading Canadian financial news portal. Future projects will be given on a project-to-project basis.
NexKlix is a Toronto based User Experience consultancy focused on defining, planning and designing online user experiences.
About the Project
The project is for a leading Canadian financial news portal. The project involves the planning and design of numerous features to assist users to find relevant markets information to make informed investment decisions. The work will include developing wireframes, functional specifications and executing informal usability studies.
Must have 3+ years of Information Architecture or related experience in:
- participating in client planning meetings to gather and evaluate project requirements
- developing personas to inform scenarios, and use cases
- developing wireframes, user flow diagrams, prototypes, and functional specifications to inform creative and development teams
- participate in team meetings and client reviews
- plan and execute formal and informal usability reviews
- conduct heuristic evaluation on existing functionality to provide usability insights and design recommendation
- have an established work experience in developing high-impact user-centered solutions with strong references
- must be able to demonstrate your architectural work with samples of your documentation
- strong visual communication skills and the ability to present them to the design team, client stakeholders and development leads
- self-motivated and self-managed and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- must be detailed oriented, work must exhibit complete accuracy in how it meets user and business requirements
- must be able to communicate effectively with complex team environments
- a creative thinker with a desire to develop innovative solutions that are inline with the client’s bigger picture
- must be able to work flexible hours, attend onsite team and client meetings
- must be efficient in Omni Graffle on the MAC or Visio on the PC.
- the client is located in downtown Toronto, no additional travel is required
This is an immediate position, only serious and experience persons apply.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in downtown Toronto, Novator Systems is an e-commerce solutions company that assists clients build brand loyalty and maximize customer satisfaction.
Novator delivers innovative and profitable online strategies to clients and it has helped them gain strong and competitive positions on the Web as well as deliver the highest conversion rates, customer satisfaction scores, and site performance in the industry.
Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to have a great experience too. It’s important to us to attract – and keep – the best people. It’s how we stay ahead of the competition – and get to work with the best clients in the industry.
We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, a competitive benefits program, challenging projects with brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation for our employees’ part in our success (free on-site massages come to mind).
At Novator, you’ll work hard. You’ll hang out with smart people. You’ll definitely learn a lot. And you’ll have a great time doing it.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Interface Architect will work within the Product Management team to create, specify and oversee the development of an intuitive and consistent software interface for the Novator ecommerce platform, based on the product vision, roadmap, and high-level requirements.
- Review, analyze and interpret artifacts such as software requirements, use cases, technical specifications and complex data models, translating them into concise, intuitive interface designs for enterprise software.
- Produce and manage meticulous design deliverables such as User Interface Specifications, workflows and wireframes capable of providing systematic guidance to development and quality assurance teams through the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the product management team during software specification by providing input on interaction strategies, and supplying the ability to rapidly draft prototype interfaces for validating potential requirements and use cases.
- Review ongoing development and QA testing to ensure adherence to User Interface Specifications and Novator standards for usability, human factors and interface quality.
- Negotiate deviations from spec and revise documentation as necessary. Maintain a current and consistent library of user interface documentation.
- Provide ideas and input to the Product Management team relating to product development, user experience, process improvements, and product features.
- Be a subject matter expert on the product, as well as on usability, human factors, and application design, providing guidance and consulting services to internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Apply business case logic and sound decision-making skills when scoping interface requirements and reviewing design feasibility.
Minimum and Essential Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Human Factors/HCI, Information Technology, Industrial Design or related discipline. A diploma with extensive experience in user interface design may be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience as an information architect, user interface designer, or interface developer with significant design responsibilities.
- Must have prior experience designing or developing for complex transactional applications such as commerce platforms, financial systems or analytics packages.
- Must have strong knowledge of information architecture, user-centered design, interaction design, navigation design, and online user experience.
- Must have the ability to create and manage bulletproof user interface documentation including User Interface Specifications, wireframes and process diagrams.
- Portfolio must demonstrate an exceptional ability to interpret and distill complex requirements and processes into elegant, intuitive interactions.
- Must have detailed knowledge of web interface principles and technologies such as HTML, CSS and AJAX, and the ability to use this to estimate and establish the feasibility of each design.
- Familiarity with software development processes in a Java environment, including the role of databases, object modeling and web tier integration is preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Visio and Office suite is required. Knowledge of modeling and prototyping applications such as Dreamweaver, Axure or Enterprise Architect is a plus.
- Superior technical aptitude combined with proven creativity and lateral thinking.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must write precisely and concisely.
- Absolute and meticulous attention to detail and consistency while maintaining the ‘big picture’.
- Capable of producing pixel perfect documentation.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to follow through on technically demanding projects.
- Proven ability to work professionally as an effective member of a high-performance team.
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT AREA.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please
No phone calls please
Trapeze (www.trapeze.com), a leading interactive marketing agency is seeking a talented Usability Specialist to help contribute to the design and development of projects for clients such as: Bonefish Grill, CBS Television, Cineplex, Disney, Jaguar, LandRover, Mattel, MTV, Paramount, Pizza Hut and others.
As a Usability Specialist with Trapeze, you’ll be accountable for:
- Participating in project kickoff meetings, ideation sessions, design reviews
- Conducting comprehensive usability site reviews
- Researching, analyze and help define user needs and design approaches
- Formulating UX concepts based on client documentation, business objectives/requirements, and best practices
- Documenting functional aspects, behaviours and experiences with the following
- mental models
- user contextual maps
- information maps
- information architecture diagrams
- wireframes and functional prototypes
- Understanding of information design, metadata and user centered design principles and methods
- Proficient in choice of IA, prototyping, and diagramming application (Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate designs and concepts visually and verbally
- Familiar with industry trends in usability
- Organized and ability to prioritize
Nice to Have
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Experience with:
- facilitating usability testing, focus groups, customer interviews, card sorting
- survey design and implementation
- developing research-based personas
- data and statistical analysis
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under tight timelines for demanding clients.
- A good team player, with effective people management skills.
- Ability to effectively solicit input from other skilled team members before deciding upon the best approach.
- Understanding the big picture with a sense of empathy for the end user
- – Competitive compensation plan
- – Comprehensive health benefits plan (medical, dental, life insurance and disability)
- – Excellent working conditions
- – Career advancement opportunities
Email your current resume to email@example.com with the words “Usability Specialist” in the subject line. No calls, drop-ins or faxes, please.
Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies include the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the BlackBerry smartphone product line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware licensing agreements. For more information, visit www.rim.com.
As a User Interface Designer at RIM, the successful candidate will influence the expanding market of Mobile User Interface Design for leading edge technology products. The candidate will also be involved in Mobile Game Development, Interactive / Rich Media Content Development, and actively contribute in taking Mobile Usability and Interactivity into the future.
The successful candidate will have an interest in functional design and an understanding of how to best design and implement graphics for mobile devices. An interest in iconography, communications, the latest design tools/trends and user interaction will also help to ensure success as a UI Designer.
- Passion for creative design and innovation
- At least 5 years of Photoshop development knowledge
- Minor mark-up/coding background is helpful but not a requirement
Portfolio (maximum file size 2MB) required with resume
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
©2008 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
Have you ever wanted to be part of something really exciting? Work with the brightest talent in the industry? A place filled with dynamic professionals constantly resetting the standard for leadership and innovation?
Then this is where you want to be!
BlueCat Networks, the IPAM Intelligence Company is a profitable and rapidly growing leading provider of enterprise-class IP Address Management (IPAM) platforms and secure DNS / DHCP network administration appliances. Our award-winning Proteus IPAM platforms and Adonis family of DNS/DHCP appliances are helping meet the rising IP management demands of small-medium enterprises, government, military, financial services, retail and manufacturing organizations worldwide.
The UI Designer will be a driving force in setting new UI standards and paradigms. The success candidate will be passionate about great design, innovative solutions, and intuitive user experiences. As a member of the UXD (User Experience Design) team, the incumbent will work closely with product managers, engineers, and management to visually and creatively take product ideas to concept through wireframes and mockups. This individual needs to be a self-starter who enjoys working in collaborative environments, takes direction and criticism openly, and are able to contribute to the creative spirit of the company.
- Concrete understanding of UCD, usability and HCI principles and techniques, especially as related to GUI design for web applications.
- Amazing analytical skills – ability to identify existing usability challenges. Experience performing heuristic evaluations and usability tests, as well as documenting results and translating the findings into design improvements.
- Experience in leading the UX-design stages of software development.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and the Engineering team to gather requirements, help define the overall user experience strategy, create the interaction model, architect effective solutions using wireframes solutions and prototypes, iterate upon them, and then proceed to work with a team to implement the same.
- Be willing to challenge traditional design thinking and look for new and innovative ways to approach design projects and improve and streamline the user experience
- At least 5 years experience designing user interfaces for Web and/or collaborative applications
- Good knowledge of Web standards, the DOM, cross-browser & cross-platform (X)HTML/CSS/AJAX and Tapestry.
- Information design & navigation systems
- Application workflow diagramming
- Wire-framing & schematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and often intense project environment
- Extreme level of attention to detail
Post-secondary education in Programming, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or related field.
Commensurate with experience.
Email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary responsibility for this position is the design of all human – computer interfaces and workflows on both Geosoft desktop applications and server-based solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design user interfaces for user models, workflows, and dialogs for new and existing Geosoft products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Assist in the creation of graphical elements to support implementation of the final user interface design.
- Team up with subject matter experts to create designs that offer a natural user experience.
- Work closely with software engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product life cycle.
- Be constructively involved in the test phases of software products.
- Collaborate with the technical writing team to make technical communication around your designs as effective as your designs.
- Work with product managers to enhance your knowledge of new and existing Geosoft market sectors through client visits, attending user seminars, and conferences.
- Keep current on new and emerging UI technologies and concepts through on-going study, personal learning, and memberships in professional associations.
- Work within the R&D department to continually improve the development process methodology.
Other Job Information
This position is located in downtown Toronto. Up to 10% international travel may be required.
Education and Work Experience
- You have experience designing technical user interfaces, and can demonstrate success. We are looking for between one and five years experience in this field.
- A degree is required, preferably in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or other related discipline.
- A background or degree in an earth-science discipline, such as geology, geophysics, geochemistry, or geography an asset.
- Experience with Geosoft and/or the resource exploration industry is definitely an asset.
- A membership in a human-computer association or special-interest group is a plus.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Knowledge of a UI prototyping environment would be an asset.
- Skills with Visual Studio and a .NET development environment with a UI perspective is an asset.
- You are a critical and creative thinker with an excellent sense of good design, a strong technical background, and a passion for making things better.
- You can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic environment.
- You want to have a real impact on the working lives of thousands of professionals who use your designs.
- You enjoy working with people, understanding their reactions, and creating outcomes that benefit all. This includes clients and members of your team.
- You pay attention to details, but are also flexible, open-minded, and pragmatic.
- You are a superb communicator and listener.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
Please send your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the subject header UI Designer.
Closing date for applications: September 2, 2008.
Established in 1986, Geosoft stands for integrity and best practice in earth science mapping and exploration technology. Today, Geosoft software is helping to simplify geospatial data access and analysis for improved understanding, knowledge development and business decision-making in industries such as mineral exploration, oil and gas, government, and in environmental investigations and UXO (Unexploded Ordnance) detection.
The company is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices in the United States, South America, Europe, South Africa, and Australia. Geosoft’s partner network provides additional coverage throughout the United States and across the globe, in Russia, India, and China. Geosoft provides a quality work environment that is informal but professional, friendly and supportive. The company is employee-owned and has strong living-company principles, which have led to consistent and profitable growth for over 20 years.
For more information on working at Geosoft, please see the Careers page of our website at www.geosoft.com.
Here are some of the things the director of experience will be responsible for.
- Manage the Site Team and ensure its performance in line with the company goals (increased customer satisfaction, optimized usability, increased conversion rates).
- Ensure the execution of the daily, weekly and monthly Site production calendar.
- Understand the content management processes and systems and ensure its efficiency.
- Understanding of web-site optimization strategies and techniques while being the customer advocate and asking how will the customer react to this change on the site……
- Proficiency in web analytics and leveraging the data to affect improvements in site design.
- Propose new processes to improve the management of the sites.
- Understand the structure of the company’s Web Sites and make sound recommendations to improve functionality and usability.
- Work with the Marketing Team to develop the usability and functionality wireframe of the campaign landing pages and make recommendations on existing ones.
- Partner with the Marketing Managers to create actionable, relevant and measurable tests to improve key web metrics on target pages or specific conversion paths.
- Collaborate with the IS Department toward implementing new Site initiatives.
- Work with the ice SEO team to implement all the new initiatives.
- Provide actionable results and recommendations to the senior management on how to achieve goals and improve online results and conversion rates.
- Detect, analyze and improve performance on specific problem areas and track changes.
- Assist Marketing Director with site related initiatives.
- Stay informed of new Internet technologies and changes in existing technologies with a keen eye on how to leverage them to add value to the business.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org