StickerYou is an exciting upcoming web platform for consumers to create and order custom-made high quality stickers. It is a new innovative internet company that will inspire and impact millions of consumers with a launch in Fall 2009. It will be one of the most stimulating places on the Internet for users who want to express their unique lifestyle through the art of a sticker. We are a strategic, creative, and passionate group dedicated to creating the best platform in the world for online sticker creation and engagement.
The Web Design Director will lead the design and execution for the website’s user interface, online marketing, community, and videos. The design will be intended to inspire users on the website to create and order stickers, as well as contribute to StickerYou’s community of art and sticker life. This person will be an integral member of the website’s brand and development team. They will strategically and creatively execute design that enhances the user experience, creates fans of, and strengthens the brand of StickerYou. This individual will work with the Development, Brand, and Art team to ensure the style fits with the marketing, experiential, art bank, and technical objectives of the website. They will be an integral part of the team that expands the website wireframes, inspires creation, and optimizes artistic solutions for the site’s user experience.
- Reporting to the President you will develop and/or compliment wireframes, design concepts, and implement the execution of both static graphic (CSS, HTML) and interactive elements (Flash/Flex) for the StickerYou website.
- Following guidelines, provide a vision and high concept direction for web designs including developing drawings, concept images, mood boards and interactive elements
- Design, outsource to third parties, and manage the implementation of website creative elements such as illustrations, 2D and 3D elements, audio, video, and photos.
- Conceptualize, execute, and implement the design of on-line community, e-mail marketing, flash videos for the website
- Research, analyze and identify website trends in the social, e-commerce, and customization markets
- 5+ years of experience in the industry of Web and Graphic Design – consumer based web experiences a plus
- Superb ability and talent both as a graphic and flash designer
- Experience working with top-tier brands – interactive advertising agency experience a plus
- Understanding of website business requirements as it relates to branding design, interactivity, and user experience
- Great taste, inspiring creative, and excellent knowledge of contemporary visual and interactive visual culture
- Art direct and manage photo files, produce promotional and instructional videos
- Conceptual development and understanding of what motivates consumer centric social expression
- Excellent ability to work in teams, budget resource time, and maintain high quality of work under pressure and deadlines
- Passionate about stickers
- Easy-going attitude, ability to take directions well, as well as strong vision
- Superb knowledge of Adobe CS4 Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Flash 10
- Superb knowledge of CSS, HTML, XHTML, W3C and best practices
- Experience in web design optimization
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Knowledge of InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash After Effects, and Final Cut a great plus
- Cover letter (including what motivates you and why you’re the best candidate)
- 15 images of web design work including 3 interactive elements designed using flash that best represent your abilities as an interactive graphic designer.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come first-serve basis.
firstname.lastname@example.org, put “Web Design Director” in the subject headline