Random House of Canada Limited Digital Sales and Marketing Department is looking for a Web Site Programmer.
This is a contract position for approximately six – twelve months.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coding components of the 6 main websites plus a small number of microsites that we currently manage, including programming and coding new sections for these sites, updating existing content and assisting with troubleshooting technical problems. Your work/portfolio should demonstrate an aptitude for hard-coding using non-WYSIWYG software on a MAC platform and a good eye for detail. An ability to multitask, work independently, communicate with the Digital team and meet deadlines is essential. Some design experience will be an asset.
Along with your resume, please provide a list of at least 3 web sites you have worked on, including a description of what aspects you were responsible for.
This position is located in our office in downtown Toronto.
Please send your resume via email to:
Trisha Whitney – firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
From RedCanary.ca via Geoffrey Wiseman at Toronto Technology Jobs (be sure to read the commentary).
As the Yelp Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee doing whatever it takes to grow the community of active yelpers as the Yelp "Mayor" in your city. Working out of your home and anywhere with WiFi, you’ll lead Yelp’s success in your city, and will be an integral member of a team of all-stars in the field receiving direction and support from Yelp Headquarters in San Francisco.
- Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are. Pencils down.
- Has a fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. You are the Mayor. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience (existing Yelp community managers have 5 to 15 years).
About the job
- Writing. Write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily. Persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners.
- Event planning. Conceptualize, negotiate, wrangle, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy (big wow factor!) events/parties.
- Marketing outreach. Connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp.
- Socializing and adventuring. Meet up with yelpers. Attend civic events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on.
- Communication. Be accountable with stellar communication to your peers and those who support you at Yelp HQ.
If you’re interested, please submit the following:
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style
- Resume showcasing your relevant experience
- A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile
CAA South Central Ontario is looking for a Web & Multimedia Designer to join our growing eBusiness team.
What will you gain from your career experience at CAA SCO? Sure we’ve got great compensation, benefits and culture, but more importantly, you’ll thrive with the exposure to our multiple business lines including Travel, Insurance, Member Services and Member Advocacy!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build new web pages and make web page adjustments according to CAA brand standards and specifications supplied by the Business Unit and the Online Marketing Lead
- Work within scope of web site and brand standards (CSS, CAA standards) to ensure all pages on our site comply and site structure is maintained
- Ensure our web site is compatible across main browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera)
- Create reusable web site templates
- Build on-line web forms for email distribution or database input
- Design creative microsites for contests, may involve use of Flash, video, banners, etc.
- Design web images for web pages, banner ads, x-sell/up-sell icons, etc.
- Create and deploy CAA’s 2 monthly eNewsletters
- Ideally you’ll be up to date with web industry tools, best practices, new technologies, techniques and methodologies and will participate in continual review of our web solutions and processes to improve results for the team, business units and CAA overall.
Your Education & Skills
- University degree or college degree in computer science preferred
- Able to use current web standards, best practices and optimal coding practices
- Familiar with source code version control systems, QA testing processes
- Excellent design skills: typography, web page layout, colour, user interface (UI), navigation
- Able to design for cross-platform/cross-browser compatibility
- Experience designing for a corporate web site using brand standards.
To apply or learn more about CAA, visit our site http://www.caasco.com/ or apply directly to email@example.com
Please ensure to include urls with samples of your work.