Who We Are
Tired of working for a traditional company that looks at graphs, numbers, and reports when determining your productivity? Want to work towards being the most creative, and fun company on earth? To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build that place, let us know. This is your chance to make history!!
We are looking for motivated and dynamic people who live and breathe ASP.NET.
- Web site and application development with Microsoft technologies.
- Provide time estimates for various aspects of development.
- When necessary, provide other development support that is inline with applicant’s skill set (HTML markup, etc.).
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- The ability to reverse engineer code
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the following except as noted:
- VB.NET / C# / ASP.NET
- .NET 1.1 & 2.0 Framework
- Visual Source Safe
- SQL Server 2000, 2008
- SQL, and associated normalization & optimization techniques
- Classic ASP an asset
- Windows platform and related technologies
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Want to apply?
All applicants wanting to apply are asked to apply at: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IPNETWORKXS&cws=1&rid=40
LearnHub is a young, energetic start-up located in downtown Toronto. Our site, LearnHub.com, is a social learning platform, with a global mandate to change the way people teach and learn online.
We are looking for a dynamic and customer-oriented individual to manage our partner accounts.
This job is perfect for you because:
- You are detail-oriented and very organized
- You enjoy working with people and have strong communication skills
- Customer is "king" attitude when dealing with clients and client matters
- You are self-motivated, ambitious, and actively seek out challenges
- You have strong analytic and project management skills
- You understand and are willing to meet the demands of a start-up work environment
- You have an ability to push through obstacles standing in the way of project completion.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the setup of clients on our platform
- Tracking client performance and creating accurate reports
- Working with clients to resolve any problems that may arise
- Interfacing with our development team to implement new features to help clients succeed
- Working with our India-based team on client related issues
- Identifying current challenges and obstacles to appropriate people and working with them to find solutions.
- Education: undergraduate degree (any specialization)
- Experience: minimum project and/or account management (2+ years), sales experience would be a plus.
We offer a casual, fun and respectful work environment, competitive compensation, and an opportunity to be part of something meaningful. Our office is located in the hip Queen & Spadina neighborhood.
This position reports to the VP of Business Development.
If this sounds interesting, please email email@example.com
We want to create the world’s largest, most active and most valued network of freelancers and very small business owners in the world. And we want them to share, network, support, learn and work with each other. If you like enabling and bringing people together… then we’d like to bring you in to be our Community Manager.
With over 800,000 new users since our launch in 2004 FreshBooks has developed one of the largest networks of super smart freelancers and very small business owners. Our customers are professionals who take pride in their work and value customer relationships — and we like’m a heck of a lot. And while we certainly help them enjoy their invoicing… we’d like to help them out a lot more by connecting them with each other so they can share and learn together as a community.
As our Community Manager you will be responsible for having our customers meet with each other online and offline.
We will be successful if:
- FreshBooks customers:
- Are sharing and communicating with each other online in droves
- Are networking and building their businesses together
- In local markets are self-organizing to meet with each other to collaborate and network
- You have:
- Crafted and executed on this plan with minimal supervision, tons of passion and with excellence
- Enlisted the resources of our most passionate and professional customers to help run the entire thing
- Extended this network beyond FreshBooks users to attract other freelancers and small business owners
- Significantly raised the bar for word of mouth referrals even higher
- Built the largest, most active and most valuable network of freelancers and very small business owners
What you’ll need to have:
- A proven track record of building self-sustaining customer communities/networks
- The desire to start from scratch and make it all happen
- Keen and intuitive passion for helping small businesses help each other
- The ability to effectively enroll and enlist people in your efforts
- A love of working with teams
- A flair for inventiveness combined with a strong ability to organize and execute
If creating outstanding customer experiences and a passion for organizing and bringing communities and people together is what makes you tick send us your resume. Cheers!
What we are seeking
We’re looking for a junior to intermediate web designer with experience in designing smart and engaging end-user experiences for the web.
- You will have experience producing visually stunning design plans/mockups working with a web application team.
- You have demonstrated understanding of graphic design as it relates to users’ needs and modern design standards, as well as success designing intuitive and user-friendly websites.
- You are expert in Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver etc.
- An asset if you can build standard-compliant XHTML/CSS templates.
- You must have a significant design background with at least 2 years of experience.
About this role
Novus Health is an innovative health services company working with many different corporate clients and national brands. You will have an opportunity to be creative and work with some other talented people like yourself.
We have a fun and relaxed environment located near Queen and Spadina. We are seeking someone talented to start right away. This is for a 3 – 6 month full time contract and there are opportunities for full time permanent employment.
Does this sound like you?
Apply in confidence via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and at least three examples of your work that demonstrate your skills. Please refer to “Toronto Designer” in the subject line.
We can only respond to the applicants that provide the above information and only those that we are interested in connecting with. Thank you for your interest!
Want to make a huge difference? Want to work with fun people on a fun product? Then you want to be at Hot or Not!!
Hot or Not has some of the world’s top dating sites:
- Millions of people date through Hot or Not.
- Thousands of people find matches every day.
- We make money and AREN’T advertising supported.
- Hot or Not is a fast-paced company that measures releases in days not weeks and rewards individual initiative and gumption.
This is key member of the team, and a growth position. You will have your fingers in the entire breadth of Hot or Not’s offerings: our website, social networking apps (Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, etc) and iPhone and other mobile apps.
- Design and develop a world class user experience
- Create detailed specifications, wireframes and visual mockups
- Create graphics, logos, and icons
- Be responsible for all brand-related creative at the company for both print and web
- Finally, you will likely manage a team of designers as the company’s needs grow
- The ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on designer who is excited about new concepts and can think in terms of both wireframes and visual designs. You have worked in a product development group for leading brands, websites, and mobile devices. The position requires a strong design background in visual and interaction design and a portfolio of work demonstrating the range of experience.
- At least four years experience in web design
- Strong information architecture skills. We would like to see specifications: wireframes, site maps, etc
- Strong visual design skills with demonstrated ability to create graphics and icons with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to design simple and engaging user interfaces
- Located in mid-town Toronto.
No agencies or contractors please.
Applicants must live in the Greater Toronto Area or be willing to relocate.
All applicants are asked to build an online profile by clicking on the attached url:
Make sure to tell us why you think you are a fit and any relevant url’s to your portfolio, blog, work, resume, etc.
Greg Wilson is hosting a great event for scientists about “Science 2.0: What Every Scientist Needs to Know about how the Web is Changing the Way They Work”. It’s a free event hosted at MaRS. The event looks at the impact of cheap computing in GPUs and PCs that present opportunities for high performance computing. It looks at open scientific data and community participation and discovery. There are a great group of scientific and computational luminaries attending. (My personal favourite is Jon Udell. Jon was a big reason I joined Microsoft, I have followed his work at InfoWorld and Byte Magazine, and I’ve been very lucky to meet Jon at FooCamp, Mix08, PDC08).
I hope that folks from the Ontario Science Centre, Ryerson University, University of Waterloo, Royal Ontario Museum, take the opportunity to engage and participate. (It looks like a great group, there were over 125 participants registered on the Science 2.0 attendees list).
A decade ago, people like Jon Udell were imagining how the web could radically change the way science is done. Today, those visions are becoming a reality, and on July 29, you can join us for an afternoon of talks about what’s happening and how it could touch your life. Full details are at http://softwarecarpentry.wordpress.com/guests/ — the event is free, but you must register in advance (as there is limited seating). Our speakers will include:
- Titus Brown: Choosing Infrastructure and Testing Tools for Scientific Software Projects
- Cameron Neylon: A Web Native Research Record: Applying the Best of the Web to the Lab Notebook
- Michael Nielsen: Doing Science in the Open: How Online Tools are Changing Scientific Discovery
- David Rich: Using “Desktop” Languages for Big Problems
- Victoria Stodden: How Computational Science is Changing the Scientific Method
- Jon Udell: Collaborative Curation of Public Events
Jet Cooper is a digital experience agency that specializes in
building smart end-user experiences for the web. Based in Toronto,
our growing team has a user-centric philosophy with a sworn duty
to inject some realness into the staled traditional approach.
Jet Cooper is looking for an experienced Drupal developer in
Toronto for immediate hire. Candidates must be comfortable with
developing social network functions with the platform. By default,
this role requires proficiencies with PHP/MySQL.
The following skillset will also be an asset:
- Fluency with other platforms and frameworks (WordPress,
Expression Engine, Joomla, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc)
- Experience with FBML and developing Facebook
- Comfort with working with APIs (Twitter, Flickr, etc)
Candidates are being considered for a 2-3 month project contract.
Pending fit, there are opportunities to extend the contract and
scope of work.
Email us at email@example.com with “Toronto Drupal Developer (WDW)” as the subject line. Please include the following information: (1) Resume; and (2) At least 3 examples that demonstrate skills described above. Serious inquiries only. Candidates will not be considered if these items are missing. Toronto applicants only.
Jet Cooper is a digital experience agency that specializes in building
smart end-user experiences for the web. Based in Toronto, our
growing team has a user-centric philosophy with a sworn duty to inject
some realness into the staled traditional approach.
Jet Cooper is looking for a junior to intermediate web designer in
Toronto with experience in designing smart and visually stunning user
interfaces for websites and web applications. The chosen candidate
will most commonly be producing flat mockups/comps, but an ability to
build semantic and standard-compliant XHTML/CSS templates are an
asset. Applicants must have strong design acumen and a desire to
learn and grow with the agency.
Candidates are being considered for a 3-6 month full time contract.
Pending fit, there are opportunities to extend the contract and scope
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Toronto Web Designer (WDW)” as the subject line. Please include the following information: (1) Resume; and (2) At least 5 examples that demonstrate skills described above. Serious inquiries only. Candidates will not be considered if these items are missing. Toronto applicants only.
Scott Thornley and Company (STC) is a results driven creative agency committed to making a difference for clients in the arts, government, health and not-for-profit sectors.
Job description / skills
- 2-5 years experience working in a web production environment
- File management – keeping a live site, development site and source files organized
- Experience in working with and developing Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with version-control software such as subversion (SVN)
- Understanding and interest in Web 2.0 – online communities, blogs, wiki, UGC etc.
- Manage all aspects of web production including consultation and briefings with client, information architecture and wireframe development, liaising with designers, developers and consultants
- Familiarity and experience with web development best practices, technologies and usability standards
- Experience developing cross-browser compatible code, based on web standards
- Commitment to profitability – revising project estimates and managing client
- budgets as requirements and deliverables change
- Managing and outsourcing third-party suppliers: requires understanding of web development techniques
- Design skills an asset, as well as ability to enhance provided creative and art direction
- Image work – Photoshop conversion of images to web format and development of web graphics
- Administrative – budgeting, estimating, invoicing, project briefs, project tracking, working with studio
- Top-line tech support – PC, Mac as well as Servers
- Liaise with outside tech support
- Software experience – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
- Industry savvy – can represent the category and knows what can and can’t be done
- Creative and passionate about the web user experiences and new technologies
Desired personal qualities
- Meticulous – high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Problem solver – ability to come up with new and efficient solutions
- Team player – works well and respectfully with both staff and clients
- Time manager/multi tasker – thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment
- Excellent communicator – can translate technical jargon to clients in an easily understandable way
- Entrepreneurial – committed to revenue building
- Imaginative – able to see ways a project can be improved to provide a better end product
We’re looking for a passionate social media practitioner to join our growing team.
Based in our Toronto branch office, you’ll be responsible for providing top-notch service to some of North America’s leading brands.
As a Manager in our Influencer Outreach team, you’ll get to do leading-edge work surrounded by some of the best and brightest folks in the business. It’ll be your job to help develop and deliver strategies, campaigns and programs for our clients.
At SMG, we practice applied social media, not theoretical. Our clients appreciate that our expertise is real and market-tested and that we offer a unique perspective as a pure-play social media agency.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- are excellent communicators
- have experience providing client service
- have worked in the social media space
- actively participate online
- are looking to have a remarkable experience doing phenomenal work
At SMG we value honesty, curiosity, innovation, invention, excellence and partnership. Our mantra is to add value in all our interactions at every opportunity. We treat each other and everyone else with respect. And we have a tonne of fun together!
If you’re interested in applying, please check out the job description and send your resume and cover letter to maggie [at] socialmediagroup [.] com and leona [dot] hobbs [at] socialmediagroup [.] com. Please make sure to include links to your websites and profiles on social networks.