Avid Life Media is looking for great senior developers in Toronto that are interested in working full time with Ruby and Merb. We are a small team in Toronto that is extremely well funded and profitable. Our sites, in aggregate, serve over a billion page views a month!
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience with web development and an excellent understanding of web technologies and databases.
- Ruby experience
- MySQL or Postgres experience.
- Unix experience
- Basic knowledge of Front end development (XHTML/CSS/JS)
- Familiar with OOP principles
Nice things to have
- Merb experience
- Rails experience
- Jquery/Prototype or other JS framework experience
- Agile/Scrum dev experience
- Familiarity with BDD/TDD (rspec rocks)
What we offer
- A good environment for learning new technologies. We like to try new things here! All of us contribute to open source projects. We recently switched to Git from SVN and we think it is awesome 🙂
- Opportunity to build a new property in merb from the ground up.
- The ability to make a large difference in what our company does.
- Build highly engaging properties with tens of thousands of concurrent users
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- A sweet computer with huge external screen (Most of use macbook pro’s with 24" external screens)
For me details contact me via email raja [at] avidlifemedia (dot) com.