The primary purpose of the position is to oversee, and manage web content for the Richard Ivey School of Business, including creating, editing, reorganizing and or repurposing existing copy to meet standards for web consumption. The Web Communication Specialist will work closely with the Web Analyst in IT to implement web communications initiatives that position the Ivey Business School and its people as an internationally recognized, world class organization.
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for content development and management of the corporate pages of the website, particularly the Homepage and About Ivey pages.
- Oversees content on all other areas of the website in terms of ensuring that messaging meets corporate communications, brand and formatting standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for editing, reorganizing and repurposing existing written copy to meet standards for web consumption and posts new content on a daily basis to maintain an evolving high profile web presence.
- Writes new content for the web as needed, particularly for the corporate pages noted above.
- Stays current with new web technologies and tools, such as social networking and podcasting, in order to advise and integrate person to person or other elements to engage our stakeholders online.
- Tracks web statistics and prepares periodic reports; analyzes data and implements or advises on content changes to improve user experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web design, site building and content management software tools for the development and maintenance of web sites.
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities
- University degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing
- Excellent overall writing skills with a minimum of three years professional Web-writing experience
- Extensive experience and skills in corporate communications, marketing, public relations or internal communications
- Technical understanding of website development
- Familiar with graphic design concepts
- Experience in Frontpage/Expression Web or similar content development and management applications as well image editing/creating applications (e.g., Adobe Photoshop)
- Familiar with content management systems and information architecture
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to build effective relationships
- Demonstrated self-starter and independent worker with initiative and drive
- Proven ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding deadlines
Email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a two year renewable employment contract with a comprehensive benefits package