Hi – I’m Brent Ashley, independent DemoCamp sponsor and Ajax Pub Nite host. I am a Senior Developer and one of the founding partners at Knowledgeworx.
Knowledgeworx (http://www.kwx.ca) is a leading provider of wireless
infrastructure services, technology asset management and networked device monitoring to the retail sector. Our products and services are built with Microsoft Sharepoint and custom C#/.NET/MSSQL code combined with a rich and powerful back end toolset consisting of Linux/BSD, Nagios, Mysql, Apache, FreeRadius, PostgreSQL and many other Open Source elements.
We are looking to employ two junior developers, one with a Microsoft/.NET focus, one with a Linux/OpenSource focus. We are a small shop so there will be lots of opportunity for overlap and cross-learning.
For the Open Source focused position, we want someone with knowledge and experience with as many of these elements as possible:
- Debian Linux
- apt package management – building custom packages, repositories
- Unix Scripting – bash/perl a must, python/ruby nice to have
- Web development – LAMP, Rails, CSS, Ajax
- understanding of IP routing and networking
- familiarity with SNMP and networked device monitoring
- building Web Services (client and server)
Our ideal candidates will have a passion for technology, demonstrated participation in the technology community, and a voracious capacity to learn and grow. You will be eager to work with our intermediate and senior staff who have years of experience and in-depth knowledge to share.
We are currently accepting resumes via email to email@example.com
ChickAdvisor is Canada’s leading women social media company helping thousands of women find the advice they’re looking for. We’ve grown to become a leader in multi-channel social media programs with our website, local events, video, and product review club.
We’re recruiting developers who enjoy a good challenge and want to innovate. ChickAdvisor is about to build out our web services platform including integration into third party services such as Facebook and Amazon.com. This will be an opportunity to see the immediate impact of your work within our existing community.
As a Senior Programmer you will be required to develop, test, and maintain website applications on LAMP stack.
- Strong communication skills
- Reliability and responsiveness
- Ability to work with and update code written by other developers
- Must be able to reasonably estimate working time at the outset of a project and meet established deadlines
- Must be able to work independently from your own fully equipped workstation
- 4+ years of OOP/MVC PHP development.
- MySQL5 and query optimization.
- API: Experience using third party API’s such as Amazon Web Service is a plus.
- FBML experience a plus
- Front End: XML/XSLT, CSS cross-browser compatibility
- Preferred; OS: Linux (Debian), Web Services: Apache, Memory Optimization: Memcache, Source Control: Subversion
If you’re interested please contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and work related examples that you think are relevant.
Our full-time back-end technology expert is moving on to a great new opportunity in California. We are beginning the hunt for someone to fill his shoes. Here is more on what we are looking for…
zinc Roe is looking for a linux-minded developer to build and maintain backend systems for our web projects and tend the dedicated servers that keep our lovingly-crafted web goodness flowing out to the masses. The job involves working with our hosting provider to ensure the smooth operation of these servers. It also involves designing and building backend systems for our projects using PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Monitor and maintain Linux-based web servers.
- Architect and write web applications using PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Research and recommend technical solutions for new projects.
- Perform routine updating and maintenance of web applications.
- Configure and maintain regular backups of our systems.
- Maintain our trac-based code repository system.
Candidates must have:
- Hands-on experience with command-line Linux including shell scripting.
- Proven experience with PHP, mySQL and Apache.
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies including HTTP, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- A hungry mind eager to learn new skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with subversion, trac, cacti, and drupal are not required but would be a definite asset. We promise a rewarding job working with some talented folks working on creative projects. This is a full-time position with benefits. Interested candidates should send resumes to jobs at zincroe.com.
zinc Roe is an award-winning studio specializing in creating engaging websites, games and activities for kids and youth. Take some time to browse our portfolio and learn about the kind of work we do. As long as you have enthusiasm and sound technical foundation we are happy to provide opportunities for the write candidate to pick up specific skills. Please send a resume and include URLs for recent projects to jobs *at* zincroe.com.
Mid-town Toronto, ON
Own the server-side magic and technical design that makes BeSocial.com tick.
Interested in working for a startup technology company with lots of energy and excitement? BeSocial.com is looking for the brightest and most talented candidates to join our team. We’re a small company based in Toronto with a great opportunity for anyone who joins to make a big impact.
At BeSocial, we value efficiency, working smart, and exceeding the status quo. We place great emphasis on maintaining a transparent and autonomous environment where everyone’s opinion is respected and where people’s contributions are acknowledged and rewarded. BeSocial is also proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we’re not influenced by race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or any other factor irrelevant to doing a great job.
If you feel you’re up to the task, we’d love to meet you. If this is not a fit for you, please feel free to forward this message along to others who may be interested in learning about this opportunity.
The Ideal Profile
You’re a well-rounded technical talent who likes nothing better than to write high quality code on a LAMP framework (and you’re experienced enough to know LAMP can’t be found at IKEA). You’re accountable for the quality of your work, and you never assume support and maintenance are someone else’s problem. You’re also comfortable building and maintaining production boxes from scratch.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, including analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing, debugging, and implementation.
- Develop and implement new functionality from staging to production environment.
- Lead QA process.
- Day-to-day site and server maintenance.
- Maintain working knowledge of CSS and HTML (although another team member will be responsible
for front-end production code).
- Provide feedback to the product development process and contribute to prioritizing work.
- Work under the pressures of deadlines, handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
- 3+ years of professional development experience (preferably with a Web 2.0 stack).
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or Information Technology.
- Expertise with PHP (4/5), PostgreSQL, MySQL, and one or more OOP languages.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks such as Prototype, JQuery, etc.
- Previous work experience with server caching, capacity planning, and other web application scalability issues.
- Experience with a version control system such as Subversion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to define problems and solutions independently and with teams.
Assets (not required)
- Build, configure and maintain enterprise-level virtual hosting environment (System Administrator).
- Experience building and maintaining flexible and rich Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Experience with e-Commerce sites.
- You love food and dining out, otherwise known as a Foodie.
- Permanent full-time. Also open to part-time or freelance with the opportunity (and willingness) to join our growing team full-time. When can you start? We needed you yesterday!
Directly beside St. Clair subway station in midtown Toronto (Yonge and St. Clair).
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive compensation and equity package will be negotiated based on experience and performance.
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits are available for full-timers.
- Career advancement opportunities, as well as award/recognition program.
- Free drinks and snacks (incl. beer) in the office.
Join Us…Apply Today!
Want to join us? Please send your resume and a cover letter with the subject "Your Name – Software Developer – via BeSocial.com" to email@example.com. All communication and correspondence is held in the strictest confidence to ensure that you can connect and learn more without exposure.
Only those candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.