The team at VisionMobile have updated their Developer Economics 2010 and Beyond research report with an infographic that describes the decisions a mobile develop makes from app design and platform selection to go to market and monetization.
The team at Focus.com has provided a fun infographic about the operating costs for a startup in New York versus San Francisco.
Toronto for Comparison
- Coporate Income Tax Rate – Small Business 15.5%
- Canada – 11%
- Ontario – 4.5%
- Salaries for Employees
- Software Engineer – $75,000
- Executive Assistant – $35,000
- Graphic Designer – $50,000
- Project Manager – $75,000
- Web Developer – $55,000
- Personal Income Tax – 31.15% (assumes range from $40k-$81k)
- Federal – 22%
- Ontario – 9.15%
- Cost of Office Space – $1.67/square foot/month ($2o/square foot/year) (using general listing for A grade space from OfficeZilla)
- Cost of Utilities/Taxes/etc – $12/square foot/year ($1/square foot/month)
The team at Mashable have put together a Sopranos style overview of the founder connections behind tech companies. It’s amazing to see the interconnectedness of the Softies, the Xooglers, the Paypal Mafia, etc.
The team at KISSmetrics has provided a B2B Marketing Guide infographic. Some of the facts I found interesting:
- 85% of B2B marketers invested in event marketing in 2010
- 28% of this group plan to increase their event marketing investments in 2011
- 69% of B2B marketers intend to try new digital marketing approaches in 2011
The team at GetSatisfaction have put together a great overview on the impact of social media on the sales funnel. It’s an interesting evolution in my understanding of the buying process:
Awareness » Interest » Trial » Evaluation » Decision Attention » Interest » Desire » Action
The simplification of “Decision” to “Action” makes perfect sense. I’m guessing that the goal of the “Evaluation” phase is to drive “Desire”. It’s different than my experience with the Diffusion of Innovation and the 5 step process presented by Everett Rogers. I need to spend some additional time thinking about how this impacts the customer focused sales funnel described by David Skok (@bostonVC).
The rise of social media and the lowered social capital expenditure and effort it has evolved to:
Attention » Interest » Desire » Action » Advocacy
The goal is to build happy customers that want to spread the company’s message (whether you call them brand ambassadors or citizen marketers or just advocates). Great job by the GetSatisfaction team on helping to evolve the understanding of the social involvement in Customer Lifetime Value (CLV).