This position is for an experienced user experience designer and information architecture specialist. As part of our consulting organization, this role is responsible for working with customers to build cutting edge prototypes and user experience designs to meet their requirements. Our focus is on Microsoft technologies, so familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM are a definite recommendation.
Must have skills:
- Ability to define web site goals, user goals and personas
- Ability to capture requirements through a number of means including:
- Stakeholder interviews
- Group sessions
- Ability to write design briefs that capture the goals as well as the brand of the client
- Ability to create an information architecture in the form of site maps, taxonomies and wire-frames
- High fidelity wire-framing and interface prototyping for the purposes of client validation and usability testing (paper, Visio, Balsamiq, or use what works best for you)
- Ability to conduct usability tests using different techniques ranging from paper prototypes to functional prototypes to finished websites
- Ability to create of design mock-ups
- Experience working with developers to build the final product. This includes
- Slicing images
- Writing HTML
- Helping to implement Ajax/DHTML functionality
- Basically everything required to build the final product
The candidate also would ideally…
- Have experience working on-site with customers
- Be confident presenting to customers/participating in meetings
- Be familiar with business analysis/business process analysis as it relates to UI/IA/UX
- Have public sector experience (many of our customers are in the public sector)
- Have experience with Microsoft SharePoint (website content management, intranets, business applications)
- Have experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Small, dynamic, successful
- Multiple Gold certified Microsoft partner
- Focused on business process and information management
- Core strengths in MS Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, .NET and related technologies
- Based in Toronto, ON, Canada
- Current focus areas: public sector and healthcare
- Builds and evolves repeatable solution frameworks to accelerate solution deployment and increase customer value
- Performs only project-based consulting engagements.
Permanent or contract. Based in Toronto. We cannot sponsor candidates for immigration into Canada.
Send resumes (ideally with examples of recent work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “UX/IA Job” in the subject line.
We’re looking for a skilled, organized recent graduate who has a passion for e-books. You’ll join a recently funded startup busy revolutionizing the delivery of educational content. Symtext has a great product set to launch for the fall semester, as well as significant customer traction from schools, professors, students and publishers. If you’re independent, extremely organized, and a good project manager with excellent communication skills, please learn more about us at www.symtext.com, and contact us.
This is a contract position with a high probability of becoming full time.
- Work with schools and professors to identify their content needs, and work with publishers to source this content
- Coordinate various types of projects: collecting digital content from publishers, helping professors setup their courses and students with Symtext, assisting custom integration projects with university IT and Administration
- Add metadata to content and facilitate upload to the Symtext platform; help develop content classification systems
- Provide product training and demos for professors, schools and publishers
- Develop and maintain training and support materials including the site FAQ, knowledge base, etc.
- Help with the day-to-day operations of the company from preparing presentation to doing research and attending events
- Degree in Business or Master of Information preferred
- Highly organized with demonstrable experience managing projects of some kind
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- A natural problem solver and hard worker
- An understanding of e-books and Web 2.0 products and services
- Interested in start-up environment: must be comfortable with risk, fluidity and change
- A sense of humour…
Candidates will be required to provide references upon request, and may also be asked to take a practical test.
To apply, email me at ian AT symtext DOT com.
Take pride in what you do–and where you work. CBC/Radio Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions, with over 10,000 employees. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight aboriginal languages. CBC.ca is one of Canada’s largest, most respected and most used (by both Canadians and audiences outside of Canada) websites.
As the Information Architect you will be part of a team responsible for guiding the design and delivery of architecture and usability of the entire CBC.ca website as well as specific website sections and other CBC digital products and services. You will work closely with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to define information architecture and usability requirements for products and services in development and ensure that all of CBC’s digital products and services meet a high level of information architecture and usability standards. Finally you must maintain a strong awareness of industry trends, competitor developments and changes in the field of information architecture and usability through an ongoing process of research, information gathering and personal development.
The Information Architect is expected to:
- Research and design the information architecture recommendations as well as detailed wireframes for CBC.ca websites and other digital products in development.
- Author project documentation including conceptual diagrams, wireframes, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards and content inventories.
- Collaborate with designers, technical developers, project managers and other teams to deliver outstanding products.
- Research and document information architecture industry standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient & effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Act as the Information Architecture advocate and consultant to project teams
- providing expert guidance and leading thinking around regarding principles of information architecture and user-centered design.
- Analyze audience research data and identify information and functional needs.
- University or College degree in human factors/usability and/or information architecture.
- Minimum 2 years related information architecture / human factors / usability working experience.
- At least 1 year experience in the role of information architect/ user experience lead /interface design lead.
- Experience applying research and analysis to support information architecture recommendations and design.
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the information architecture and design of user interfaces.
- Extensive knowledge of front-end interactive design solutions and working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers and their design constraints on the Web.
- Expertise in Visio (or other similar application) and all MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating website requirements from stakeholders.
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to form partnerships and lead towards successful information architecture and usability recommendations both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with both large and small scale projects
- Ability to provide creative solutions balancing user, business and technical needs.
- Strong creative, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Logical, analytical and detail oriented.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required to meet deadlines.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That’s Rogers. Right now we are looking for a talented individual to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
As an Information Architect and User Experience Analyst in Rogers Media’s Digital Media Business Services department, you will develop user interaction designs and workflows as part of brand-specific Web solutions for our internal clients.
Our clients are radio stations, consumer and trade publishers, broadcasting, SportsNet and Rogers Centre, as well as the Digital Media platform team. Client names you might recognize include Citytv, Maclean’s magazine, Marketing magazine, Chatelaine, and 680 News.
We are looking for people with a passion for customer-centred design, who can remain true to that philosophy in the occasional pressure to let other forces dominate. We are looking for some one who enjoys collaborating with internal Web operating units to ensure that the project meets its business objectives. We measure our projects’ success through Web analytics, so an aptitude for numerical analysis is important.
- Capture business rules and assumptions, and develop use cases for consumer-oriented website features
- Write, update and manage wireframe, user flow, and navigation/site map documentation that is understandable by business stakeholders, technical stakeholders and the production team
- Work closely with the development team to translate requirements into interaction designs
- Develop low fidelity prototypes for use in usability or concept testing
- Learn about the brands’ businesses, not just their Website
- Research and synthesize competitive site reviews, user data and best practices information
- Keep current on best practices and industry knowledge
- Use case and/or user flow analysis documentation experience
- Web page wireframing documentation experience, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service, teamwork and collaboration, initiative, problem-solving, and understanding different technologies and processes
- Agility and willingness to learn new tools and methodologies as appropriate to the project at hand
- Time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing objectives coming from multiple directions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Courses in information architecture, business analysis and statistics an asset
- Knowledge of databases, content management systems, HTML, CSS and scripting an asset (in communicating with team members)
The Information Architect position at Sonic Boom, Toronto, is essential in defining the consumer’s online experience. The chosen candidate is a logical, analytical problem solver who can synthesize various forms of research into informational and navigational design flow. He or she must balance consumer and client objectives to find solutions that capture the optimal path between each group’s needs. Clients have information they want to provide, consumers have information they seek – it is the Information Architect’s role to define this union. The Information Architect will work with Sonic Boom’s team of seasoned professionals who all work in specific capacities including: strategy, creative, content, production, technology and quality assurance.
- Working with our Strategy team to identity, prioritize and document user and client needs;
- Synthesizing research findings to aid Sonic Boom teams developing the Web site architecture;
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to refine the information architecture process at Sonic Boom;
- Preparing IA documentation (site architectures, wireframes, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by Sonic Boom’s teams;
- Ensuring IA documentation is continuously updated and distributed to Sonic Boom’s team as variables change;
- Working with our Creative team to develop intuitive navigational flow, interactive features and wireframing, based on the team’s vision;
- Working with our Content team to determine and document content weighing, organization and naming schemes (i.e. nomenclature) to ensure consistency;
- Developing plans which our Production teams can use to help guide their work through the life cycle of a project;
- Working with our Technology team to ensure operability and feasibility of the solution. Assessing the impact of the proposed solution versus the agency’s proprietary platform, the "Control Centre";
- Presenting user experience documentation to clients in a clear and confident manner ; and
- Remaining informed of updated issues related to usability and interactive media in order to evolve Sonic Boom’s client offerings.
- A minimum of three years’ industry experience in interactive media, information technology or communications. Preference will be given to those who have worked at an interactive agency setting in a similar role;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the role of information architect, user experience lead or information design lead;
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in a variety of written and diagrammatic forms;
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relations skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Proven understanding of and hands-on experience with: user-centric design, project processes for the development of large-scale Web site projects, documentation requirements for Web development teams, application of content management systems, personalization, targeting and searching systems, tracking and measurement applications;
- Proficient use of OmniGraffle, Axure RP Pro, Visio, MS Office and all Internet browsers including PC and MAC; and
- A comprehensive approach, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
Sonic Boom Creative Media Incorporated is a division of NATIONAL Public Relations.
Please send resume in confidence to: email@example.com.
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in downtown Toronto, Novator Systems is an e-commerce solutions company that assists clients build brand loyalty and maximize customer satisfaction.
Novator delivers innovative and profitable online strategies to clients and it has helped them gain strong and competitive positions on the Web as well as deliver the highest conversion rates, customer satisfaction scores, and site performance in the industry.
Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to have a great experience too. It’s important to us to attract – and keep – the best people. It’s how we stay ahead of the competition – and get to work with the best clients in the industry.
We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, a competitive benefits program, challenging projects with brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation for our employees’ part in our success (free on-site massages come to mind).
At Novator, you’ll work hard. You’ll hang out with smart people. You’ll definitely learn a lot. And you’ll have a great time doing it.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Interface Architect will work within the Product Management team to create, specify and oversee the development of an intuitive and consistent software interface for the Novator ecommerce platform, based on the product vision, roadmap, and high-level requirements.
- Review, analyze and interpret artifacts such as software requirements, use cases, technical specifications and complex data models, translating them into concise, intuitive interface designs for enterprise software.
- Produce and manage meticulous design deliverables such as User Interface Specifications, workflows and wireframes capable of providing systematic guidance to development and quality assurance teams through the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the product management team during software specification by providing input on interaction strategies, and supplying the ability to rapidly draft prototype interfaces for validating potential requirements and use cases.
- Review ongoing development and QA testing to ensure adherence to User Interface Specifications and Novator standards for usability, human factors and interface quality.
- Negotiate deviations from spec and revise documentation as necessary. Maintain a current and consistent library of user interface documentation.
- Provide ideas and input to the Product Management team relating to product development, user experience, process improvements, and product features.
- Be a subject matter expert on the product, as well as on usability, human factors, and application design, providing guidance and consulting services to internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Apply business case logic and sound decision-making skills when scoping interface requirements and reviewing design feasibility.
Minimum and Essential Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Human Factors/HCI, Information Technology, Industrial Design or related discipline. A diploma with extensive experience in user interface design may be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience as an information architect, user interface designer, or interface developer with significant design responsibilities.
- Must have prior experience designing or developing for complex transactional applications such as commerce platforms, financial systems or analytics packages.
- Must have strong knowledge of information architecture, user-centered design, interaction design, navigation design, and online user experience.
- Must have the ability to create and manage bulletproof user interface documentation including User Interface Specifications, wireframes and process diagrams.
- Portfolio must demonstrate an exceptional ability to interpret and distill complex requirements and processes into elegant, intuitive interactions.
- Must have detailed knowledge of web interface principles and technologies such as HTML, CSS and AJAX, and the ability to use this to estimate and establish the feasibility of each design.
- Familiarity with software development processes in a Java environment, including the role of databases, object modeling and web tier integration is preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Visio and Office suite is required. Knowledge of modeling and prototyping applications such as Dreamweaver, Axure or Enterprise Architect is a plus.
- Superior technical aptitude combined with proven creativity and lateral thinking.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must write precisely and concisely.
- Absolute and meticulous attention to detail and consistency while maintaining the ‘big picture’.
- Capable of producing pixel perfect documentation.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to follow through on technically demanding projects.
- Proven ability to work professionally as an effective member of a high-performance team.
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT AREA.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please
No phone calls please
Trapeze (www.trapeze.com), a leading interactive marketing agency is seeking a talented Usability Specialist to help contribute to the design and development of projects for clients such as: Bonefish Grill, CBS Television, Cineplex, Disney, Jaguar, LandRover, Mattel, MTV, Paramount, Pizza Hut and others.
As a Usability Specialist with Trapeze, you’ll be accountable for:
- Participating in project kickoff meetings, ideation sessions, design reviews
- Conducting comprehensive usability site reviews
- Researching, analyze and help define user needs and design approaches
- Formulating UX concepts based on client documentation, business objectives/requirements, and best practices
- Documenting functional aspects, behaviours and experiences with the following
- mental models
- user contextual maps
- information maps
- information architecture diagrams
- wireframes and functional prototypes
- Understanding of information design, metadata and user centered design principles and methods
- Proficient in choice of IA, prototyping, and diagramming application (Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effectively communicate designs and concepts visually and verbally
- Familiar with industry trends in usability
- Organized and ability to prioritize
Nice to Have
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Experience with:
- facilitating usability testing, focus groups, customer interviews, card sorting
- survey design and implementation
- developing research-based personas
- data and statistical analysis
Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under tight timelines for demanding clients.
- A good team player, with effective people management skills.
- Ability to effectively solicit input from other skilled team members before deciding upon the best approach.
- Understanding the big picture with a sense of empathy for the end user
- – Competitive compensation plan
- – Comprehensive health benefits plan (medical, dental, life insurance and disability)
- – Excellent working conditions
- – Career advancement opportunities
Email your current resume to email@example.com with the words “Usability Specialist” in the subject line. No calls, drop-ins or faxes, please.