Originally from http://jobs.well.ca/jobs/80-software-developer-2
We’re looking for an experienced software developer to build new features for the biggest online health store in Canada. The position is in a small team so you’ve got to be someone that enjoys the responsibility and freedom to build stuff — from thinking up new ideas to writing the actual code. The ideal candidate is someone that writes PHP web applications for fun, doesn’t think AJAX is that scary, and sometimes has nightmares involving large SQL statements. The position is full time in our downtown Guelph office.
- Dream up, design, code and test features for a live e-Commerce site
- Prioritize plans and feature requests and work independently to produce great code
- Understand usability and design
- Work alongside our CEO to cook french-toast for breakfast meetings
- Have a portfolio of previously worked-on web applications
- Clear verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of Flash / Flex
- Graphic design portfolio – Photoshop, etc.
Compensation and Hours
- This is a full time position; talk to us about salaries
Well.ca is Canada’s largest online health and beauty store. We sell everything you can find in a drugstore, online.
Well.ca is a customer-oriented store. We want to make sure that every single customer gets the best, most honest and caring service we can offer. So we’re looking for caring, friendly people to work on our team.
This is a great place to work if you’re keen on working in a fast-growing start-up environment. Because we’re a relatively small team, every team member gets to contribute. We are looking for people who are creative innovators, can adjust easily to change, like a job that varies day-to-day, and are passionate about everything that they do.
Apply for this Job
A Toronto-based communications company is seeking a Front-End Web Developer for a permanent position starting immediately. You should have 2-3 years experience and a passion for web standards. You strive for excellence in your work and always seek to develop dynamic and usable sites for any audience. You have an ongoing desire to learn and share your knowledge. You want to participate in a culture of innovation and creativity and be part of a team that’s driven to succeed.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to conceptualize, develop and execute engaging and usable interactive experiences.
- Develop standards compliant and usable websites and contribute to site documentation.
- Ongoing site maintenance and updates.
- Participate in project processes, contribute to project completion and be accountable to deadlines.
- Advise on best practices and current trends, and come up with creative solutions to development problems or obstacles.
- Advanced knowledge and commitment to developing standards compliant sites (web and usability standards/best practices)
- Intermediate knowledge of Flash & ActionScript in developing rich experiences for the web
- Conversant in the following platforms: OS X, Windows XP & Vista.
- Proficiency using industry standard tools: Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of developing for cross platform/browser compatibility & accessibility
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization of websites
Required Soft Skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Self-directed, proactive and accountable problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized, thorough and motivated. Pays attention to the details.
- Willing to learn and seeks out opportunities.
- Solid analytical thinking.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of server-side technologies (ie. ASP.NET, PHP, JSP, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with industry leading content management systems
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux
- Experience working with a source control system (i.e. CVS, SVN)
Please email your resumé and portfolio to TPM Communications at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Intermediate Web Developer (Front-End)". No faxes or phone calls, please.