Who We Are
Tired of working for a traditional company that looks at graphs, numbers, and reports when determining your productivity? Want to work towards being the most creative, and fun company on earth? To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build that place, let us know. This is your chance to make history!!
We are looking for motivated and dynamic people who live and breathe ASP.NET.
- Web site and application development with Microsoft technologies.
- Provide time estimates for various aspects of development.
- When necessary, provide other development support that is inline with applicant’s skill set (HTML markup, etc.).
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- The ability to reverse engineer code
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the following except as noted:
- VB.NET / C# / ASP.NET
- .NET 1.1 & 2.0 Framework
- Visual Source Safe
- SQL Server 2000, 2008
- SQL, and associated normalization & optimization techniques
- Classic ASP an asset
- Windows platform and related technologies
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
Want to apply?
All applicants wanting to apply are asked to apply at: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=IPNETWORKXS&cws=1&rid=40
Scott Thornley and Company (STC) is a results driven creative agency committed to making a difference for clients in the arts, government, health and not-for-profit sectors.
Job description / skills
- 2-5 years experience working in a web production environment
- File management – keeping a live site, development site and source files organized
- Experience in working with and developing Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with version-control software such as subversion (SVN)
- Understanding and interest in Web 2.0 – online communities, blogs, wiki, UGC etc.
- Manage all aspects of web production including consultation and briefings with client, information architecture and wireframe development, liaising with designers, developers and consultants
- Familiarity and experience with web development best practices, technologies and usability standards
- Experience developing cross-browser compatible code, based on web standards
- Commitment to profitability – revising project estimates and managing client
- budgets as requirements and deliverables change
- Managing and outsourcing third-party suppliers: requires understanding of web development techniques
- Design skills an asset, as well as ability to enhance provided creative and art direction
- Image work – Photoshop conversion of images to web format and development of web graphics
- Administrative – budgeting, estimating, invoicing, project briefs, project tracking, working with studio
- Top-line tech support – PC, Mac as well as Servers
- Liaise with outside tech support
- Software experience – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
- Industry savvy – can represent the category and knows what can and can’t be done
- Creative and passionate about the web user experiences and new technologies
Desired personal qualities
- Meticulous – high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Problem solver – ability to come up with new and efficient solutions
- Team player – works well and respectfully with both staff and clients
- Time manager/multi tasker – thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment
- Excellent communicator – can translate technical jargon to clients in an easily understandable way
- Entrepreneurial – committed to revenue building
- Imaginative – able to see ways a project can be improved to provide a better end product