Want to make a huge difference? Want to work with fun people on a fun product?
Then you want to be at Avid Life Media.
Avid Life Media has some of the world’s top dating sites:
- Millions of people date through Avid Life Media.
- Thousands of people find matches every day.
- We make money and AREN’T advertising supported.
- Avid Life Media is a fast-paced company that measures releases in days not weeks and rewards individual initiative and gumption.
This is key member of the team, and a growth position. You will have your fingers in the entire breadth of Avid Life Media’s offerings: our website, social networking apps (Facebook, MySpace, Bebo, etc) and iPhone and other mobile apps.
- Design and develop a world class user experience
- Create detailed specifications, wireframes and visual mockups
- Create graphics, logos, and icons
- Be responsible for all brand-related creative at the company for both print and web
- Finally, you will likely manage a team of designers as the company’s needs grow
- The ideal candidate is an experienced hands-on designer who is excited about new concepts and can think in terms of both wireframes and visual designs. You have worked in a product development group for leading brands, websites, and mobile devices. The position requires a strong design background in visual and interaction design and a portfolio of work demonstrating the range of experience.
- At least four years experience in web design
- Strong information architecture skills. We would like to see specifications: wireframes, site maps, etc
- Strong visual design skills with demonstrated ability to create graphics and icons with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to design simple and engaging user interfaces
- Located in mid-town Toronto.
No agencies or contractors please.
Applicants must live in the Greater Toronto Area or be willing to relocate.
Send resumes to jobs at almlabs.com
Make sure to tell us why you think you are a fit and any relevant url’s to your portfolio, blog, work, resume, etc.
The Kenna Group is a full service Customer Management Agency that provides end-to-end solutions for optimizing its clients’ customer relationships. Using problem-solving skills and technology, Kenna helps clients develop an integrated, measurable and profitable approach to relationship management.
The Senior Art Director, in collaboration with the Creative Director, conceptualizes and develops creative ideas and oversees the design and visual look of the final product. They will present creative concepts internally, contribute to internal brainstorm sessions and present externally at creative client briefings. They will generate and execute creative solutions for clients while ensuring creative cohesiveness of the product from concept to production.
- Develop strategic visual solutions that deliver on communication objectives and the brand in partnership with a copywriter
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Work within budget parameters
- Attend all internal creative meetings and presentations
- Present work to internal and external clients with effect and passion
- Work with Creative Director to develop and design layouts and creative boards for clients
- Prepare art direction style guide and propping lists for Producers and style out meeting
- Must review first and final colour Proofs falling between weeks 6 and 3
- Participate with creative briefs and brainstorms
- Oversee the graphic design team including design production, promotion and advertising production
- Accountable for managing the timelines as well as ensuring the effective prioritization of all projects under your care.
- Leading in-house designers and freelancers as well as directing outside support services
- Provide art direction and execution of Graphic support
- Communicate all progress and/or concerns to the team in a timely and efficient manner as it relates to any work under your care
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies within your area of expertise
- Degree or Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education. Education in Graphic Design preferred
- 8 – 10 years experience in the industry specifically in digital and/or graphic design
- Proficient with MS Office and design products: Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lettershop and web media programs
- Able to present ideas/creative to clients
- Able to produce creative ideas appropriate for the marketing channel and project
- Strong time management skills to manage multiple projects within a deadline oriented environment
Anyone interested to send a copy of their resume to Wendy Smith at email@example.com
Founded in 1992 and headquartered in downtown Toronto, Novator Systems is an e-commerce solutions company that assists clients build brand loyalty and maximize customer satisfaction.
Novator delivers innovative and profitable online strategies to clients and it has helped them gain strong and competitive positions on the Web as well as deliver the highest conversion rates, customer satisfaction scores, and site performance in the industry.
Online retail is all about creating a good customer experience. At Novator, we like to practice what we preach. We want our employees to have a great experience too. It’s important to us to attract – and keep – the best people. It’s how we stay ahead of the competition – and get to work with the best clients in the industry.
We offer a flexible, relaxed work environment, a competitive benefits program, challenging projects with brand-name clients and a few nice little perks to show our appreciation for our employees’ part in our success (free on-site massages come to mind).
At Novator, you’ll work hard. You’ll hang out with smart people. You’ll definitely learn a lot. And you’ll have a great time doing it.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Interface Architect will work within the Product Management team to create, specify and oversee the development of an intuitive and consistent software interface for the Novator ecommerce platform, based on the product vision, roadmap, and high-level requirements.
- Review, analyze and interpret artifacts such as software requirements, use cases, technical specifications and complex data models, translating them into concise, intuitive interface designs for enterprise software.
- Produce and manage meticulous design deliverables such as User Interface Specifications, workflows and wireframes capable of providing systematic guidance to development and quality assurance teams through the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the product management team during software specification by providing input on interaction strategies, and supplying the ability to rapidly draft prototype interfaces for validating potential requirements and use cases.
- Review ongoing development and QA testing to ensure adherence to User Interface Specifications and Novator standards for usability, human factors and interface quality.
- Negotiate deviations from spec and revise documentation as necessary. Maintain a current and consistent library of user interface documentation.
- Provide ideas and input to the Product Management team relating to product development, user experience, process improvements, and product features.
- Be a subject matter expert on the product, as well as on usability, human factors, and application design, providing guidance and consulting services to internal and external stakeholders as requested.
- Apply business case logic and sound decision-making skills when scoping interface requirements and reviewing design feasibility.
Minimum and Essential Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Human Factors/HCI, Information Technology, Industrial Design or related discipline. A diploma with extensive experience in user interface design may be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience as an information architect, user interface designer, or interface developer with significant design responsibilities.
- Must have prior experience designing or developing for complex transactional applications such as commerce platforms, financial systems or analytics packages.
- Must have strong knowledge of information architecture, user-centered design, interaction design, navigation design, and online user experience.
- Must have the ability to create and manage bulletproof user interface documentation including User Interface Specifications, wireframes and process diagrams.
- Portfolio must demonstrate an exceptional ability to interpret and distill complex requirements and processes into elegant, intuitive interactions.
- Must have detailed knowledge of web interface principles and technologies such as HTML, CSS and AJAX, and the ability to use this to estimate and establish the feasibility of each design.
- Familiarity with software development processes in a Java environment, including the role of databases, object modeling and web tier integration is preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Visio and Office suite is required. Knowledge of modeling and prototyping applications such as Dreamweaver, Axure or Enterprise Architect is a plus.
- Superior technical aptitude combined with proven creativity and lateral thinking.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must write precisely and concisely.
- Absolute and meticulous attention to detail and consistency while maintaining the ‘big picture’.
- Capable of producing pixel perfect documentation.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to follow through on technically demanding projects.
- Proven ability to work professionally as an effective member of a high-performance team.
Qualified candidates may forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INDICATE JOB TITLE IN SUBJECT AREA.
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies please
No phone calls please
Cineplex Entertainment LP is part of a unique industry that is passionate about providing an exceptional customer’s experience while having fun doing it. We are 100% Canadian and employ over 8,000 full-time and part-time employees. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and generate revenues in excess of $800 million. Our company offers a competitive, comprehensive total compensation package. If you are passionate, innovative, enjoy a fast work pace and love movies, Cineplex is for you!
The Interactive Media department has an immediate opening for a Sr. Web Designer reporting directly to the Director, Web Operations.
The Sr. Web Designer is responsible for the ongoing design, development, and maintenance of Cineplex.com and associated projects for external clients. Candidates must have a strong sense of graphic design, as well as excellent XHTML and CSS skills along with experience in Flash.
On a daily basis, the Web Designer will work in a fast-paced team environment and will be required to work independently while continually communicating with other team members and delivering the highest quality product possible. This role is heavily production focused on a day-to-day basis.
The Sr. Web Designer’s responsibilities include the creation of websites, newsletters, micro sites, online promotions/contests, online media, games, and flash animation.
- Possess the ability to create outstanding work while meeting deadlines for multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Participate in brainstorming and creative meetings along with other Cineplex team members as well as clients as required.
- Present creative work to Director and internal / external clients in an articulate and descriptive manner.
- Develop, evolve and maintain online standards in partnership with Director.
- Ensure that internal and external client needs are met in “look & feel” despite personal design tastes. Must be able to work in many different designs styles (corporate, edgy, animated, etc.).
- Work closely with Director to plan the layout and design of large projects.
- Work closely with the Technology team to ensure developed functionality is in full working order.
- Each project will have unique requirements that must be achieved while maintaining outstanding aesthetic quality.
- Ensure all projects are well scoped, and are delivered on-time, on-target and on-budget with a high level of client satisfaction.
- Support new business / revenue-generating initiatives and collaborate on client presentations as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Related post secondary education or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a busy, demanding studio-type environment.
- Demonstrated experience of building for Accessibility.
- Excellent understanding of cross browser and cross platform coding practices.
- 2+ yrs of experience working in and around backend scripting languages – .ASP, .NET, PHP, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise level content management systems an asset.
- Intermediate level Flash with a focus on the creation of ad units and promotional interactivity is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Strong project/time management abilities – can take a project successfully from concept to mockup, design, execution, launch and takedown with high levels of client satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements for this position with the ability to communicate technical detail to non-technical team members.
- Quick learner who functions well in fast paced production environment.
- Passionate interest in integrated/online media and user experience is a definite must.
- Willingness to learn and seek out opportunities.
- Strong work ethic with a passion for quality and customer service orientation.
All applicants will be required to supply work samples that demonstrate the requirements outlined above.
Interested applicants please click here Sr. Web Designer . NO AGENCY CALLS PLEASE.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.