BRAINPARK, INC is a software company that creates smart and simple software products to make work easier and people more productive. Our solution is a “mash-up” of social software, semantic web, eLearning, information retrieval, social search, and expertise location management. This next generation approach to enterprise software deals head on with information overload, user generated preferences (meaning and relevancy), and a social context.
We are currently searching for a Software Developer to be part of our team of people who are aggressively innovative and pioneering in their thinking. Brainpark is not just about software development, we are about bringing people together to identify problems in the workplace and brainstorm solutions to solve them. If you are an independent and self motivated worker, this job will appeal to you.
This is a 12 month contract with the possibility of becoming a full time position. Start date: Immediately
The ideal candidate will have a passion for what they do, a strong attention to detail, the ability to produce high-quality work quickly, and a portfolio that demonstrates experience in front-end development, designing and conceptualizing graphics for web sites and other digital media.
- Work closely with design team members to realize the visual design of the product
- Work closely with a cross-functional team in the planning, design and implementation of effective user interfaces for existing and new projects Turn graphics created in Photoshop, Illustrator or simply sketched on paper into beautiful, efficient code
- Maintain UI specifications such as style guides and visual standards documents
- Keep informed of accepted practices, new technologies and new tools for web site design
- Bring creativity, innovation, and assertiveness to the table
- Continually raise the bar on creative assignments, being open and able to act on constructive feedback
- Solve problems to a degree where each design concept is not seen in isolation, but rather, seen as the ‘bigger picture’ in a creative campaign
- Work to drive the business through clear and simple design that supports the unique and differentiated brand experience
- Convert creative strategy into compelling design
- Minimum 3-5 years graphic design experience with design and front end development
- Experience in application design, visual design, and/or website design is required
- Skilled in design and web enabling software – Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Working knowledge of Ajax, and Django is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of browser and accessibility issues
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Good design sensibility
- Knowledge of user-experience design, user interface design, interaction design is an asset
- Portfolio showcasing your clean, simple, ‘less-is-more’ design aesthetic – we like white space
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Good sense of humour – the goofier the better!
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above qualifications, please submit your resume with wage expectations to email@example.com.
We strongly recommend that you take our developer test posted here:
Those who are qualified will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Trapeze Media (www.trapeze.com) is seeking a talented hands-on individual to join our team as a Web Developer.
What we do
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency.
As a member of the Web Development (UI) team, you will create sophisticated Content Management Platforms and web applications for prominent high traffic websites. You will work on a range of challenging projects with clients such as CBS, Reebok, Canadian Tire, Disney, Pizza Hut, MTV, Cineplex and Globe & Mail. You will be involved in all stages of development of the project, including ideation, technical specifications and prototypes, application architecture and data models, testing, coding, releases management and deployment.
What we use
- Flash (ActionScript 2.0 and ActionScript 3.0)
- XML and JSON
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ubuntu Linux and OS X
- Python, Django and PHP
- subversion and git
We want to hear from you if…
- you build accessible, standard compliant friendly websites
- you are a creative thinker, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- you are passionate about the web and you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- you have experience with cross-browsers coding
- you have some experience working with server-side code. Python and PHP are
Email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Web Developer” in the subject line. No calls, drop-ins or faxes, please.
markET is looking for a Web Designer. To qualify you must create awesome designs for websites. You enjoy challenge and seek to grow into more senior roles over time. Your initial contract will be to design our new website. Subsequent contracts, leading to full-time employment, will be the design and renovation of our customer’s websites.
markET is a Toronto based company specializing in the field of Demand Generation. Whelp companies implement the latest inbound marketing techniques to produce more leads of higher quality at lower cost. We are a well-funded startup with an experienced
Management Team and we’ve entered the hottest growth area around on the ground foor. Come grow with us…
Using a supplied marketing brief, design our own website. Working from a design brief, and a client supplied style-guide, design new sites for our clients or renovate their existing ones. You will also work with the marketing department to design emails landing pages, and white paper and blog layouts for both internal uses and client needs
A college diploma is a minimum requirement.
A minimum of 3 years experience designing web applications.
Please specify your preferred graphic design programs in your application. Good spoken and written English communication skills are essential.
A working knowledge of HTML and CSS would be nice.
Position has been filled.
Details from http://jobs.postrank.com/jobs/384-ux-ui-designer
AideRSS/PostRank is looking for a creative UX/UI designer to continue to build the company’s brand online and offline in the area of social media measurement. We offer a casual work environment, great location, competitive salary and a chance to hone your craft on state-of-the-art technology.
You will need to maintain the existing UI applications, as well as help define the information architecture and design of our upcoming tools and features. Apart from the implementation of the UI, you will also be responsible for helping drive graphical and interaction design. This is an innovation-rich technical leadership role, with the opportunity to influence the rest of the development team.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop / Corel / Illustrator, or parallel tools
- Expert (X)HTML/CSS skills, with hands on knowledge of silly browser quirks
- Solid understanding of the graphical and interaction design aspects of UI development
- Experience with usability testing, research and web analytics
- Excellent understanding of programming fundamentals
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Portfolio of work and past projects
The following skills will be considered a plus:
- Hands on experience with Rails
- Hands on experience with JQuery
- Ability to work well in a high tech start-up environment
- You’re smart, quick out of the gate, thrive with strong colleagues and know how to get stuff done
- An up to date blog
AideRSS is a well-funded startup based in Waterloo, ON that develops innovative social media measurement tools for content publishers and to help readers find and Read What Matters.
We practice a Scrum/eXtreme Programming based agile development methodology. As such our environment is more collaborative than most, focusing on teamwork, constant feedback and informal communication. We primarily use open-source software, and believe in contributing back to the community.
Interested? We only hire the best. If this sounds like you then please send your resume and an email explaining why you are the right person for the job directly to email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
CAA South Central Ontario is looking for a Web & Multimedia Designer to join our growing eBusiness team.
What will you gain from your career experience at CAA SCO? Sure we’ve got great compensation, benefits and culture, but more importantly, you’ll thrive with the exposure to our multiple business lines including Travel, Insurance, Member Services and Member Advocacy!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build new web pages and make web page adjustments according to CAA brand standards and specifications supplied by the Business Unit and the Online Marketing Lead
- Work within scope of web site and brand standards (CSS, CAA standards) to ensure all pages on our site comply and site structure is maintained
- Ensure our web site is compatible across main browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera)
- Create reusable web site templates
- Build on-line web forms for email distribution or database input
- Design creative microsites for contests, may involve use of Flash, video, banners, etc.
- Design web images for web pages, banner ads, x-sell/up-sell icons, etc.
- Create and deploy CAA’s 2 monthly eNewsletters
- Ideally you’ll be up to date with web industry tools, best practices, new technologies, techniques and methodologies and will participate in continual review of our web solutions and processes to improve results for the team, business units and CAA overall.
Your Education & Skills
- University degree or college degree in computer science preferred
- Able to use current web standards, best practices and optimal coding practices
- Familiar with source code version control systems, QA testing processes
- Excellent design skills: typography, web page layout, colour, user interface (UI), navigation
- Able to design for cross-platform/cross-browser compatibility
- Experience designing for a corporate web site using brand standards.
To apply or learn more about CAA, visit our site http://www.caasco.com/ or apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to include urls with samples of your work.