Details from http://jobs.postrank.com/jobs/384-ux-ui-designer
AideRSS/PostRank is looking for a creative UX/UI designer to continue to build the company’s brand online and offline in the area of social media measurement. We offer a casual work environment, great location, competitive salary and a chance to hone your craft on state-of-the-art technology.
You will need to maintain the existing UI applications, as well as help define the information architecture and design of our upcoming tools and features. Apart from the implementation of the UI, you will also be responsible for helping drive graphical and interaction design. This is an innovation-rich technical leadership role, with the opportunity to influence the rest of the development team.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop / Corel / Illustrator, or parallel tools
- Expert (X)HTML/CSS skills, with hands on knowledge of silly browser quirks
- Solid understanding of the graphical and interaction design aspects of UI development
- Experience with usability testing, research and web analytics
- Excellent understanding of programming fundamentals
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Portfolio of work and past projects
The following skills will be considered a plus:
- Hands on experience with Rails
- Hands on experience with JQuery
- Ability to work well in a high tech start-up environment
- You’re smart, quick out of the gate, thrive with strong colleagues and know how to get stuff done
- An up to date blog
AideRSS is a well-funded startup based in Waterloo, ON that develops innovative social media measurement tools for content publishers and to help readers find and Read What Matters.
We practice a Scrum/eXtreme Programming based agile development methodology. As such our environment is more collaborative than most, focusing on teamwork, constant feedback and informal communication. We primarily use open-source software, and believe in contributing back to the community.
Interested? We only hire the best. If this sounds like you then please send your resume and an email explaining why you are the right person for the job directly to email@example.com.