Trapeze Media (www.trapeze.com) is seeking talented hands-on individuals to join our team as a Freelance Web Application Developers.
What we do
Trapeze is a full service interactive marketing agency.
Trapeze is looking for a freelance web application developer. As a member of the Application Development team, you will create sophisticated Content Management Platforms and web applications for prominent high traffic websites.
You will work on a range of challenging projects with clients such as CBS, Reebok, Canadian Tire, Disney, Pizza Hut, MTV, Cineplex and Globe & Mail. You will be involved in all stages of development of the project, including ideation, technical specifications and prototypes, application architecture and data models, testing, coding, releases management and deployment.
We want to hear from you if…
- you have outstanding development skills and you know what MVC means
- you are a creative thinker, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- you are passionate about the web and you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- you have a good knowledge of SQL
- you are a perfectionist who meets deadlines
- you are interested in Agile development methodologies
- you work best in small teams
Please forward resumes to email@example.com
West-end Toronto, ON
A progressive company in West Toronto requires the services of a digital savant individual. Tired of working on your average boring websites, we are looking for someone to develop and design a social network that looks good and is easy to navigate.
- Works on time and meets deadlines
- PHP, HTML, SQL, AJAX (nice to have)
- Comfortable with Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Comfortable developing a social media site
- Thinks creatively
- Potential for growth in a growing company
- Flexible on times of work but require individual in the office for three days a week
Looking to hire for a 3 month contract position. If chemistry is right may lead to a full time position.
Interested candidates can apply (cover letter, resume & portfolio) to Brittani Jarvis firstname.lastname@example.org any questions can be answered by her via e-mail or phone 416-255-4500
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That’s Rogers. Right now we are looking for a talented individual to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
As an Information Architect and User Experience Analyst in Rogers Media’s Digital Media Business Services department, you will develop user interaction designs and workflows as part of brand-specific Web solutions for our internal clients.
Our clients are radio stations, consumer and trade publishers, broadcasting, SportsNet and Rogers Centre, as well as the Digital Media platform team. Client names you might recognize include Citytv, Maclean’s magazine, Marketing magazine, Chatelaine, and 680 News.
We are looking for people with a passion for customer-centred design, who can remain true to that philosophy in the occasional pressure to let other forces dominate. We are looking for some one who enjoys collaborating with internal Web operating units to ensure that the project meets its business objectives. We measure our projects’ success through Web analytics, so an aptitude for numerical analysis is important.
- Capture business rules and assumptions, and develop use cases for consumer-oriented website features
- Write, update and manage wireframe, user flow, and navigation/site map documentation that is understandable by business stakeholders, technical stakeholders and the production team
- Work closely with the development team to translate requirements into interaction designs
- Develop low fidelity prototypes for use in usability or concept testing
- Learn about the brands’ businesses, not just their Website
- Research and synthesize competitive site reviews, user data and best practices information
- Keep current on best practices and industry knowledge
- Use case and/or user flow analysis documentation experience
- Web page wireframing documentation experience, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service, teamwork and collaboration, initiative, problem-solving, and understanding different technologies and processes
- Agility and willingness to learn new tools and methodologies as appropriate to the project at hand
- Time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing objectives coming from multiple directions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Courses in information architecture, business analysis and statistics an asset
- Knowledge of databases, content management systems, HTML, CSS and scripting an asset (in communicating with team members)
NexKlix is seeking a self-motivated freelance user experience architect to work with our strategy and design team. Immediate work includes defining and designing the user experience for a leading Canadian financial news portal. Future projects will be given on a project-to-project basis.
NexKlix is a Toronto based User Experience consultancy focused on defining, planning and designing online user experiences.
About the Project
The project is for a leading Canadian financial news portal. The project involves the planning and design of numerous features to assist users to find relevant markets information to make informed investment decisions. The work will include developing wireframes, functional specifications and executing informal usability studies.
Must have 3+ years of Information Architecture or related experience in:
- participating in client planning meetings to gather and evaluate project requirements
- developing personas to inform scenarios, and use cases
- developing wireframes, user flow diagrams, prototypes, and functional specifications to inform creative and development teams
- participate in team meetings and client reviews
- plan and execute formal and informal usability reviews
- conduct heuristic evaluation on existing functionality to provide usability insights and design recommendation
- have an established work experience in developing high-impact user-centered solutions with strong references
- must be able to demonstrate your architectural work with samples of your documentation
- strong visual communication skills and the ability to present them to the design team, client stakeholders and development leads
- self-motivated and self-managed and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- must be detailed oriented, work must exhibit complete accuracy in how it meets user and business requirements
- must be able to communicate effectively with complex team environments
- a creative thinker with a desire to develop innovative solutions that are inline with the client’s bigger picture
- must be able to work flexible hours, attend onsite team and client meetings
- must be efficient in Omni Graffle on the MAC or Visio on the PC.
- the client is located in downtown Toronto, no additional travel is required
This is an immediate position, only serious and experience persons apply.
Please send your resume to email@example.com