Ornge is Canada’s leading innovator in the emerging field of transport medicine. As a progressive, dynamic organization, our vision is to have a fully integrated and comprehensive organization led by pioneers in transport medicine at the forefront of patient care. We are interested in people who are committed to the Ornge values of compassion, collaboration and innovation.
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Communications
The Corporate Communications Department of Ornge has a vacancy for a Web Content Officer.
The Web Content Officer is responsible for the overall management and editorial content of the company’s website and the internal staff intranet. This function includes writing, editing and refreshing content, including department updates, communiqués not limited to patient stories for the website. The incumbent’s innovative and creative use of the web will be required to effectively communicate with the target visitor. He/she will work collaboratively with team members providing technical support and editorial quality to the site through resources and content to Ornge. Knowledge of Ornge’s mission and values and the ability to communicate it through digital media to staff and visitors is a priority. Cross-functional activities will be required from time to time, including supporting internal communications, stakeholder relations, media relations etc.
- Working closely with the Director, Corporate Communications develop and implement an integrated web strategy that serves Ornge’s business objectives.
- Editorial duties as assigned, including but not limited to research, writing and proofreading articles for website publication.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to determine web content requirements for various projects and implement solutions to meet those needs.
- Utilization of available web analytics and search engine optimization techniques to manage and clean content on websites and implement overall improvements to presentation and copy on websites.
- Understanding of health protection legislation / medical transport system / healthcare an asset.
- University degree or equivalent experience in communications or related field (English, Journalism)
- 3 -5 years experience in website management, effective and innovative use of the web to actively communicate and develop interactive features.
- Superior writing and editing skills with an emphasis on web content, exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional English language skills.
- Proven project management skills, decision making, analytical and organizational skills.
- Expert knowledge of web usability best practices.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, MS Office; Web Content Management software.
- Creative thinker with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar design software for mocking up web pages and creating web graphics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning and problem-solving skills with strong priority setting capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume by email in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 647-428-2164 (attention Human Resources) no later than March 7, 2009 quoting Ref. # 9008.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.