Originally from http://jobs.well.ca/jobs/80-software-developer-2
We’re looking for an experienced software developer to build new features for the biggest online health store in Canada. The position is in a small team so you’ve got to be someone that enjoys the responsibility and freedom to build stuff — from thinking up new ideas to writing the actual code. The ideal candidate is someone that writes PHP web applications for fun, doesn’t think AJAX is that scary, and sometimes has nightmares involving large SQL statements. The position is full time in our downtown Guelph office.
- Dream up, design, code and test features for a live e-Commerce site
- Prioritize plans and feature requests and work independently to produce great code
- Understand usability and design
- Work alongside our CEO to cook french-toast for breakfast meetings
- Have a portfolio of previously worked-on web applications
- Clear verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of Flash / Flex
- Graphic design portfolio – Photoshop, etc.
Compensation and Hours
- This is a full time position; talk to us about salaries
Well.ca is Canada’s largest online health and beauty store. We sell everything you can find in a drugstore, online.
Well.ca is a customer-oriented store. We want to make sure that every single customer gets the best, most honest and caring service we can offer. So we’re looking for caring, friendly people to work on our team.
This is a great place to work if you’re keen on working in a fast-growing start-up environment. Because we’re a relatively small team, every team member gets to contribute. We are looking for people who are creative innovators, can adjust easily to change, like a job that varies day-to-day, and are passionate about everything that they do.
Apply for this Job
Hi – I’m Brent Ashley, independent DemoCamp sponsor and Ajax Pub Nite host. I am a Senior Developer and one of the founding partners at Knowledgeworx.
Knowledgeworx (http://www.kwx.ca) is a leading provider of wireless
infrastructure services, technology asset management and networked device monitoring to the retail sector. Our products and services are built with Microsoft Sharepoint and custom C#/.NET/MSSQL code combined with a rich and powerful back end toolset consisting of Linux/BSD, Nagios, Mysql, Apache, FreeRadius, PostgreSQL and many other Open Source elements.
We are looking to employ two junior developers, one with a Microsoft/.NET focus, one with a Linux/OpenSource focus. We are a small shop so there will be lots of opportunity for overlap and cross-learning.
For the Open Source focused position, we want someone with knowledge and experience with as many of these elements as possible:
- Debian Linux
- apt package management – building custom packages, repositories
- Unix Scripting – bash/perl a must, python/ruby nice to have
- Web development – LAMP, Rails, CSS, Ajax
- understanding of IP routing and networking
- familiarity with SNMP and networked device monitoring
- building Web Services (client and server)
Our ideal candidates will have a passion for technology, demonstrated participation in the technology community, and a voracious capacity to learn and grow. You will be eager to work with our intermediate and senior staff who have years of experience and in-depth knowledge to share.
We are currently accepting resumes via email to email@example.com
Details from http://jobs.postrank.com/jobs/384-ux-ui-designer
AideRSS/PostRank is looking for a creative UX/UI designer to continue to build the company’s brand online and offline in the area of social media measurement. We offer a casual work environment, great location, competitive salary and a chance to hone your craft on state-of-the-art technology.
You will need to maintain the existing UI applications, as well as help define the information architecture and design of our upcoming tools and features. Apart from the implementation of the UI, you will also be responsible for helping drive graphical and interaction design. This is an innovation-rich technical leadership role, with the opportunity to influence the rest of the development team.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop / Corel / Illustrator, or parallel tools
- Expert (X)HTML/CSS skills, with hands on knowledge of silly browser quirks
- Solid understanding of the graphical and interaction design aspects of UI development
- Experience with usability testing, research and web analytics
- Excellent understanding of programming fundamentals
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Portfolio of work and past projects
The following skills will be considered a plus:
- Hands on experience with Rails
- Hands on experience with JQuery
- Ability to work well in a high tech start-up environment
- You’re smart, quick out of the gate, thrive with strong colleagues and know how to get stuff done
- An up to date blog
AideRSS is a well-funded startup based in Waterloo, ON that develops innovative social media measurement tools for content publishers and to help readers find and Read What Matters.
We practice a Scrum/eXtreme Programming based agile development methodology. As such our environment is more collaborative than most, focusing on teamwork, constant feedback and informal communication. We primarily use open-source software, and believe in contributing back to the community.
Interested? We only hire the best. If this sounds like you then please send your resume and an email explaining why you are the right person for the job directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
We are a small but established company building telephony applications with Ruby and Asterisk. Our products are specifically designed for national, non-profit customers. Our growing, long-term customer base have used the products we develop to achieve startling progressive election victories.
Our key product is a part-Rails, part custom distributed network application with an AJAX+Comet interface. We are an Agile/Scrum shop, and do test driven development.
We’re looking to add two permanent full time developers to our growing team. We work hard, but give everyone a minimum one month per year paid vacation. Our office is in a converted textile factory at Queen and Spadina. Direct Leap is chartered as a social enterprise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_entrepreneurship).
Send your résumé to email@example.com with a bullet point list of your skillsets. Please describe what has helped you to be a better listener, and explain why you feel Direct Leap would be a fit.