Scott Thornley and Company (STC) is a results driven creative agency committed to making a difference for clients in the arts, government, health and not-for-profit sectors.
Job description / skills
- 2-5 years experience working in a web production environment
- File management – keeping a live site, development site and source files organized
- Experience in working with and developing Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with version-control software such as subversion (SVN)
- Understanding and interest in Web 2.0 – online communities, blogs, wiki, UGC etc.
- Manage all aspects of web production including consultation and briefings with client, information architecture and wireframe development, liaising with designers, developers and consultants
- Familiarity and experience with web development best practices, technologies and usability standards
- Experience developing cross-browser compatible code, based on web standards
- Commitment to profitability – revising project estimates and managing client
- budgets as requirements and deliverables change
- Managing and outsourcing third-party suppliers: requires understanding of web development techniques
- Design skills an asset, as well as ability to enhance provided creative and art direction
- Image work – Photoshop conversion of images to web format and development of web graphics
- Administrative – budgeting, estimating, invoicing, project briefs, project tracking, working with studio
- Top-line tech support – PC, Mac as well as Servers
- Liaise with outside tech support
- Software experience – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio
- Industry savvy – can represent the category and knows what can and can’t be done
- Creative and passionate about the web user experiences and new technologies
Desired personal qualities
- Meticulous – high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Problem solver – ability to come up with new and efficient solutions
- Team player – works well and respectfully with both staff and clients
- Time manager/multi tasker – thrives on working under pressure in a fast paced multi-project environment
- Excellent communicator – can translate technical jargon to clients in an easily understandable way
- Entrepreneurial – committed to revenue building
- Imaginative – able to see ways a project can be improved to provide a better end product
TAXI Canada Inc. is a company with core expertise in Strategic Planning, Advertising, Design, Interactive, Relationship Marketing and Content.
- Fluency in the principles of user-centered design methods, information architecture, usability best practices, interface and interaction design
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience, preferably at a creative agency
- Track record of producing unique and innovative interaction models and selling them through design approval processes
- Relevant post secondary education
- Well versed in interaction design thinking and execution
- Experience in architecting the interaction on websites that utilize a variety of technologies
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of architecture-related software (OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop, MS Office, Acrobat)
- Develop and deliver logical information models, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, nomenclature documents, content mapping, and navigation schemes
- Contribute to the overall creative development of online initiatives
- Concept generation and modeling
- Assist in translating complex business requirements, user requirements and specifications into interaction designs
- Work collaboratively with other members of the technical team and creative department to create compelling user experiences
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are a beacon of digital thought leadership and inspiration. You are quick to grasp our client’s core business strategy and uncover smart ways, through traditional and emerging digital channels, of communicating that strategy. You love challenging clients and internal teams as often as it takes until they all enthusiastically embrace and understand the digital landscape. You can keep a smile on your face as you manage multiple projects across a wide range of budgets. You stay on top of all aspects of the production cycle, keeping everything on time and on budget while making sure everyone involved remains inspired (and happy).
It’s a bonus if you have had experience utilizing social platforms (blogs, chat rooms, forums, social networks) as brand communication tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- manage and grow key client relationships
- Manage the ideation, production and execution of all interactive projects.
- Assist the CD with day to day scheduling requirements. Occasionally attend client and internal meetings on behalf of the CD
- Have direct contact with the client when necessary.
- Provide coordination and administrative support through detailed documentation such as project planning, status reports, etc.
- Work with the Creative Director and external partners to identify resourcing needs on all projects
- Ownership of all project workback schedules. Clearly identifying all client/internal deliverables, reviews and approvals and most importantly the impact of all client/internal change requests while adjusting schedules accordingly.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all internal and external stakeholders.
We’d love to see some live links of projects you have worked on. Please send those along with your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com with ‘ipm’ in the subject line.
We’re Hiring: Office Coordinator Wanted
The Office Coordinator is an important role here at Teehan+Lax that includes managing and coordinating day-to-day tasks such as manning the phones, coordinating meetings, ordering office supplies, plus additional administrative tasks.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively with all studio members and clients
- Able to juggle many tasks within a short timeframe while remaining calm, with effective prioritization
- Positive, mature and professional, can-do attitude
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and organized
- Must work independently with minimal supervision
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive thinker who seeks to create efficiencies within the work environment
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Post secondary education
- 1-2 years experience in an office environment
- Reception and customer service experience an asset
Outline of tasks
- Phone Operator
Someone has to answer the phones, right? As a representation of T+L, a pleasant phone manner is imperative. This includes talking to clients, taking detailed messages, knowing everyone’s extension and whereabouts, and being ‘aware’ of projects going on in-house.
- Make Sure The Fridge Is Stocked
Nobody likes their cola warm and sometimes we need some grub for a lunch meeting. Of course, the studio also needs to be straightened up when clients visit and when they arrive, you’ll need to take coat and offer beverages.
- Ordering Supplies
Sure, we work primarily in a digital world, but that’s not to say we don’t use a lot of paper and pens (from Pen Island of course). When our supplies run out, we’ll need them replenished.
Left it our own devices, this place would fall apart pretty fast. You’ll need to coordinate with landlord for any building related issues (yes, our AC went out last summer and no, I don’t want to talk about it). We also need to keep the place clean, so you’ll need to ensure the cleaners are doing a good job, or inform them of any extra requirements.
- Awards / PR
We enjoy winning awards (who doesn’t?), but you have to actually enter to win (shocking, I know). You’ll need to maintain list of award shows and make sure we meet their submission dates.
- Job Postings
It’s no secret that you can’t do great work without great employees, but it’s not easy finding and interviewing these people. As a result, you’ll need to coordinate and post job listings, collect resumes and setup interview times.
- Studio Organization
The organization and aesthetics of our office are very important to us, even if we sometimes have difficulty staying on top of things. Most of us are concerned about the work and less about the space around us, which would be a lame excuse if it wasn’t true.
You’ll also be in the thick of things, helping our Project Mangers with various administrative tasks. This includes writing SOW’s and Change Orders, assisting with Q&A and ad, signage, and website reviews.
Booking hotels and coordinating flights is an art unto itself and when the tickets are booked, it’s important that the studio members have the confirmation and travel agenda. Oh, and you’ll be the first person we call when get lost on the road, just in case you were wondering.
- Billings / Invoices
This may be listed as #10, but it’s really job 1. Here’s a little sample of what you can expect: Manage all cheques, invoices, bank statements etc. (ie. Freshbooks) Coordinate cheque/invoice pick-up and drop-off with bookkeeper Input monthly billings/invoices into Freshbooks from master billing sheet. Send invoices to clients and enter payment once cheques are received. Create expense reports for studio members as required Manage company AMEX accounts – (receipts, statements, etc).
How to Apply
You’re excited, I know. So are we. If you’re interested, please send a resume and cover letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org