Founded in 1985, ATI Technologies Inc. is a world leader in the supply of graphics, video and multimedia products for desktop, workstation and notebook PCs, digital televisions, cell phones and game consoles. A pioneer, innovator and market leader in the graphics industry, ATI is built upon the strength of its people, products and technology excellence, its customer focus, and its ability to identify and capitalize on key inflection points where new technologies and markets converge.
- Design “user experience” concepts and produce corresponding prototypes for desktop applications.
- Define and document specifications and requirements for UI designs.
- Support heuristic evaluations and other usability testing activities.
- Analyze diverse user, customer, and business needs to help define application requirements.
- Work with standards and best practices for interface usability and responding to usability testing.
- Consult with various teams including marketing, technical writing, and software development to ensure designs are understood, implemented, and communicated appropriately.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Specialized training/experience in Human Factors, HCI or Interface Design preferred.
- Proven skills in collecting user requirements and implementing user-centered designs.
- Strong experience with OOP languages and coding GUI (C#, Java Swing, Qt.).
- 3-5 years of interface design experience.
- Skills in developing prototypes, both low fidelity (e.g., paper) and high fidelity (including html mock-up and/or code-based prototypes).
- Proven success working within cross-functional software development teams.
- Research skills in evaluating the impact of technologies on humans.
- Proven track record for implementing user-centered designs.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML Programming.