*Current undergraduate at a post-secondary art/design program, or equivalent; preference will be given to students of the Ontario College of Art & Design*
Position Details: The Mobile Digital Commons Network (MDCN)
The MDCN connects researchers, the arts and industry focused on mobile, wireless, digital technologies in Canada. Funded by Canadian Heritage, the goal of the network is to facilitate interdisciplinary research and innovative industry development; foster cultural production and public participation; and develop forward-thinking policy on wireless technologies.
The Mobile Digital Commons Network at OCAD
OCAD is seeking individuals with exceptional technical and research skills to join us as Research Assistants in this new initiative. The main area of responsibility is providing direct technical and research support to an interdisciplinary group of six Research Faculty at OCAD, within the scope of the MDCN initiative.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Design oriented research, production and technical support with projects
- Assist with supervision of research activities in the lab, the classroom and within the field
- Perform other duties as assigned
Hours of Work
The Research Assistant will work up to 20 hours per week. We offer a three-month contract, with the possibility of renewal until March 2007. Position will begin immediately.
- Current undergraduate at a post-secondary art/design program, or equivalent; preference will be given to students of the Ontario College of Art & Design
- Good working knowledge of industry standard graphics, multimedia, animation, digital stills and digital video capture, and web software
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of strong technical service
- Demonstrated attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and deal with sensitive matters with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- $9.81 per hour, plus 10% (in lieu of benefits and vacation pay)
Review of applications will being immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume, with a cover letter indicating your availability and job reference #550 to:
Ontario College of Art & Design
100 McCaul Street, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1W1
Fax: (416) 977-3034
As an employment equity employer, we encourage applications from women, First Nations People, visible minorities, and people with disabilities. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.