[Dev-2005-09-06-192] Senior UI Developer (2) – Toronto
Posted on: 2005-09-06
Position reports to: Development manager or designated team leader
Salary range: Commensurate with Experience
Tucows is looking for an energetic, internet savvy, Sr. developer with well rounded experience with both front and back end internet application development experience to join our development program. The successful candidate will have a passion for application development with leading edge internet technologies. Join a team of developers to design/develop/maintain/support/enhance existing and new Ruby/Perl/Java web applications. Additional projects and duties may be assigned as required. Carrying pager and on-call support duties may be required.
- Understand the competitive market. Review and contribute to the business and functional requirements definitions.
- Lead and/or participate in evolving development trends and standards.
- Participate in design and development of Ruby/Perl and/or Java applications.
- Provide development estimates.
- Lead and mentor junior developers.
- Work with the development manager or designated team leader to create and implement technical procedures and policies.
- Maintenance and support (including on-call) of applications when required.
- Assist in release management.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Related experience / Unique skill set
- Working knowledge of internet/networking technologies, including security and encryption on the internet.
- Knowledge and experience with preventative management techniques for internet â€œhackerâ€ attacks.
- Proven strong programming experience in web application development using PHP/Perl, HTML/XML, Java Scripts
- Practical knowledge and use of cross-browser development techniques, browser degradation strategies and optimization techniques
- Strong background with Unix (Linux) and familiarity with Windows (98/ME/XP/NT/2000), and Mac.
- Excellent understanding of the HTTP request/response cycle and other HTTP elements like cookies, caching, etc
- Proven strong practical experience in writing Linux/Unix shell scripts.
- Excellent working knowledge of RDBMS systems and SQL.
- Experience with Apache at an administrative level.
- Proven strong practical experience using known design/development patterns.
- Proven strong practical experience in developing n-tier business applications.
- Proven strong objected oriented design and development skills using UML.
- Ability to work well with multiple teams in a cross-functional setup.
- Version control system experience (preferably CVS or Subversion).
- Interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with an exceptional amount of creative as well as productive energy.
- Excellent time management skills to meet demanding timelines
- Excellent planning and documentation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with multiple teams in a cross-functional setup
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency to deliver projects/tasks in a timely fashion
- On-call support experience
- Knowledge of J2EE, J2SE, XML technologies
- Knowledge of one or more of DNS, SOAP, SMTP and POP3/IMAP
- Knowledge of one or more of the following internet services:
- digital certificate,
- DNS, etc
- Experience with Apache DSO, for example, mod_perl, mod_ruby etc
- Familiar with templating toolkits and web application frameworks
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com] Senior UI Developer (2)” and refer to [Dev-2005-09-06-192] Senior UI Developer (2) in the subject line.
If you are applying for any other opportunitites with Tucows, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org