Originally from Workopolis and almost identical to CIBC User Experience Lead published on October 5, 2005
Job order – J1105-0488 – Contract – Full Time
City:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company URL: http://www.cibc.com/careers
Business Unit Description
CIBC Retail Markets is a full-service retail bank serving more than nine million clients across Canada through 1,073 branches, 4,136 ABMs, four telephone banking centres and online banking, as well as through CIBC’s unique banking offer, President’s Choice Financial, a co-venture with Loblaw Companies Limited.
Our more than 22,000 employees, focused on providing excellence in client service, product solutions and relationship-based advice, contribute 59% of CIBC’s net income.
Service and Sales Force Automation (SSFA), delivers and maintains end-to-end technology solutions and support for Retail Markets. The group has formed close partnerships with each client to jointly develop strategies, and effectively provide the technology solutions required to fulfill those strategies. SSFA supports the channels that deliver products and services to our customers (the branches, PC banking, telephone banking, and ABMs). It also supports products such as all deposit and payment products, Mortgages and Insurance. Another of its components is Small Business and Commercial Banking.
Key Accountabilities / Activities:
- The UE Lead will consult directly with CIBC business and segments to recommend solutions based on an understanding of the business, segment, customer experience, and technology requirements and implications.
- The UE Lead will be required to provide a user centered design approach to developing the optimal user experience for Sales and Service Force Automation Applications. In addition, the UE lead will plan, prepare and execute usability studies and heuristic evaluations of prototypes and production code. Analyze results and identify usability defects based on analysis, report results & create designs to resolve issues.
- The UE Lead is expected to provide expertise and thought leadership from a human factors perspective, business feasibility perspective, requirements, competitive awareness and overall technology understanding.
- The UE lead will work along side the Requirements team to help derive requirements from business stakeholders and translate them into usable interfaces to support the business initiatives. He/She will contribute to business process analysis, including translating requirements into Information Architecture schemas, validate error messages, and help improve the overall Usability of the applications.
- To be effective, the UE Lead must be able to present/facilitate to various levels of users within the organization, ideas, concepts and findings related to User Experience Artefacts, Standards, and Guidelines.
- Provide advisory services on all aspects of usability and UI design; work with stakeholders to ensure solutions meet sound usability principles. He/She must help to manage the development and growth of User Interface Design and Usability capability within the Sales and Service Force Automation Team
- Excellent usability/human factors skills and experience. Have working experience facilitating large focus groups, design validations, competitive evaluations, task walkthroughs, and other Usability testing efforts.
- Ability to clearly present conclusions to senior management. Demonstrated ability to effectively justify recommendations.
- Practices user centered design methodology
- 3 to 5 years participating/executing usability studies
- 2-4 years of specifying interface designsÂ·
- 2-5 years, experience working with cross-functional software development teams
- Undergraduate or higher education in the field of Human Factors/Computer Science or Cognitive Psychology, Engineering or related field is required. Strong foundation in Statistics is an asset.
- Relevant certifications would be an asset (ie. HFIâ„¢s certification programs)Â·
- Be able to promote a sense of expertise/competence within the field of usability and user interface design.
- User Interface design knowledge/experience for WindowÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s based operating system
CIBC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CIBC does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Organizational Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Relationship Management
- Creative/ Innovative Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Business Communication
- CIBC Knowledge
- Problem Solving & Decision Making