Job Type: Full Time
Location: Barrie, ON, CANADA;
Job Category: Computers-Internet, Graphic Design, Computers
Number Of Positions: 1
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2005
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Contract position responsible for handling overflow work from a busy web design group based out of Barrie, ON. Primary duties involved developing custom, dynamic Internet web sites and solutions using .php and MySQL. Programmer would work in a team environment and be responsible for learning how to work with existing systems and code libraries, while still being able to provide “custom, out-of-box” solutions to meet specific job requirements. The application would also be responsible for integrating these solutions with designs supplied by our in-house graphic design team. This is not an in-house position so the suitable applicant would be responsible for supplying and maintaining their own equipment and software. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and write customized web sites for commercial clients and in-house projects generated by our sales team
- Analyze user project proposals, identify omissions and errors in requirements, and conduct feasibility studies; recommend optimum approach and estimated project time to the Manager.
- Analyze, design, create, test, document, implement new and maintain existing systems and subsystems, such as catalogue management, inventory control, online transactions and financial / cost analysis; ensures reliability of applications.
- Analyze, design, create and maintain relational databases as required.
- Identify and troubleshoot server related issues, including operating system, web server, mail server, DNS, and network issues.
- Debug programs and make required modifications.
- Document newly written programs for the Manager.
- Troubleshoot any programming or software related problems as they occur.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment and systems.
- Develop multimedia presentations, graphic designs, other technical projects and analysis reports as assigned by the Manager.
- To be aware of and adhere to all Company policies regarding acceptable Internet, Electronic mail use and business conduct.
- Duties would be assigned by the department head either in person, over the phone or e-mail, depending on situation. Materials can be transferred via e-mail, ftp, or CD.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Competencies/Skills & Experience
- Proficient in PHP, MySQL, XML.
- Knowledge of operating systems including Linix / Unix and Windows 98/2000/XP & Mac OSX
- Knowledge of relational database is required
- Knowledge of current technological developments / trends in area of expertise
- Aware of Internet business issues, including new technologies, on-line marketing techniques, privacy issues, legal issues, and third party solutions
- Knowledge of browser capabilities and design constraints in regards to Internet programs
- Able to be flexible during peak workload projects
- Able to handle high work volumes, tight deadlines and a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are needed to determine the best way to create Internet software and website solutions and to identify technical, programming and custom requirements to meet the clientÃ‚Â¹s specific business needs
- Ability to assess and maintain quality of programming structure, design, and coding
- Knowledge of computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes
- Knowledge of mathematics, finance, inventory and accounting
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills are vital
- Strong organizational skills in order to maintain and update web pages and to provide customer support
Please mail or e-mail resumes to:
Manager, Internet Services
21 Patterson Road, Barrie, ON L4N 7W6
Tel: (705) 726-0573, Fax: (705) 726-9350
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org