Originally from http://www.infotech.com/Careers.aspx#eMngr
The E-commerce Marketing Manager will focus on driving prospect to the Info-Tech web site and converting them either to online sales or a quality lead for our sales force. Additional responsibilities include developing and implementing SEO best practices, building our web analytics capabilities and supporting other marketing projects as required.
Key responsibilities of the E-commerce Marketing Manager include:
- Search Engine Marketing
- Create paid keyword campaigns for all research products with a variety of search engines.
- Manage paid keyword campaigns, monitoring costs and conversion rates.
- Create landing pages that are unique to each keyword, focusing on the on-line sale of research product (price range $150 – $6,000).
- Where appropriate, create landing pages that will provide quality leads for Info-TechÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sales force.
- Work with marketing team to enhance conversion (web sale and lead generation) on web site product pages
- Search Engine Optimization
- Review current SEO tactics and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop processes to ensure SEO best practices are in place and maintained.
- Monitor site to ensure SEO best practices are maintained.
- Work with third party sites to develop high value links back to the Info-Tech site (no link farming)
- Web Analytics
- Working with our chosen web analytics package (WebTrends), and our IT department, ensure the site, landing pages, and all marketing campaigns are properly tagged and tracked.
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are reported on down to ROI level.
- Create and maintain regular reporting to the management team. Focus on key, actionable metrics.
- Become the WebTrends expert for Info-Tech. Keep up to date on product enhancements and share knowledge with others in the Marketing team.
- Marketing Project Support
- As required, aid others in the Marketing department with project fulfillment (e.g. copy writing, web page design, usability issues, etc)
Some of the characteristics of successful hires:
- Degree or Diploma in Business, with a focus in Marketing
- Knowledge and expertise in the development and management of programs to drive traffic and revenue
- 5+ years of marketing experience with a focus on E-commerce including SEM and SEO
- Hands-on experience in web page design and web copy writing
- Proven ability to succeed in online selling
- Past experience with setting-up and utilizing web analytics software. Taking metrics to produce results.
- Hands-on experience with WebTrends
- Dreamweaver and PhotoShop