Originally from HotJobs
We are seeking a User Interface Designer(UI/HCI) for our Toronto based client
- Design “user experience” concepts and produce corresponding prototypes for desktop applications.
- Define and document specifications and requirements for UI designs.
- Support heuristic evaluations and other usability testing activities.
- Analyze user, customer, and business needs to help define application requirements.
- Work with standards/best practices for interface usability and responding to usability testing.
- Consult with internal teams(marketing, technical writing, and software development) to ensure designs are understood, implemented, and communicated accordingly.
- BS or better in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 4+ years of user interface design experience
- Experience taking user requirements and implementing them into user-centered designs.
- Strong experience with OOP languages and coding GUI (C#, Java Swing, Qt.).
- Skills in developing prototypes, both low fidelity (e.g., paper) and high fidelity (including html mock-up and/or code-based prototypes).
- Research skills in evaluating the impact of technologies on humans.
- Proven track record for implementing user-centered designs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML Programming
- Specialized training/experience in Human Factors, HCI or Interface Design