Infinet Communications in downtown Toronto is currently looking for an Information Architect to help in the functional architecture and design of our client sites. A large part of the position responsibilities will include writing technical and functional documents for the clients and management team in order to ensure clarity and understanding.
- Design the architecture of the site navigation and content flow; mentor writers and designers on this process.
- Prepare and lead the appropriate usability activities to identify user needs, objectives and behaviors.
- Write required project documentation (Functional Specification, Requirements Documentation, etc.)
- Writing technical documents for the clients and management team in order to ensure clarity and understanding of what is being outlined
- Label information in a usable, intuitive fashion; this involves determining site navigation, interaction, data flow, workflow, and overall user experience for Internet, intranet and extranet sites as well as web-based applications.
- Identify and assess end users expectations with exercises such as interviews, persona development and analyzing web logs.
- 3+ years internet industry experience in developing user-centered web-based applications
- 3+ years working on medium size projects (> 100 pages, > three months in duration, combination of dynamic and static pages with tight project timelines include mid level functionality and technology integration)
- 3+ years planning, documenting, developing and troubleshooting interaction design (Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- 3+ years document writing and creation
- 2+ years planning, conducting and analyzing usability tests
- Relevant undergraduate and /or masters degree
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing and evolving user experiences for web applications.
- Understanding of interface design and usability testing methods.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed client relationship management skills
- Proven time management skills