Originally at http://workopolis.com/job/work/6700285
Special conditions: There is candidate identified for this role, however all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Nice, why is this not unexpected. I love big financial companies.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Job Category: Management
Company URL: http://www.cibc.com/careers
Date Posted: Oct 6, 2005
Job order – J1005-0126 – Full Time
Business Unit Description
Service and Sales Force Automation (SSFA), delivers and maintains end-to-end technology solutions and support for Retail Markets. The group has formed close partnerships with each client to jointly develop strategies, and effectively provide the technology solutions required to fulfill those strategies. SSFA supports the channels that deliver products and services to our customers (the branches, PC banking, telephone banking, and ABMs). It also supports products such as all deposit and payment products, Mortgages and Insurance. Another of its components is Small Business and Commercial Banking.
Key Accountabilities / Activities
The User Experience Lead will consult directly with CIBC business and segments to recommend solutions based on an understanding of the business, segment, customer experience, and technology requirements and implications.
This role will:
*provide a user centered design approach to developing the optimal user experience for Sales and Service Force Automation Applications.
- plan, prepare and execute usability studies and heuristic evaluations of prototypes and production code.
*Analyze results and identify usability defects based on analysis, report results & create designs to resolve issues.
- provide expertise and thought leadership from a human factors perspective, business feasibility perspective, requirements, competitive awareness and overall technology understanding.
*work along side the Requirements team to help derive requirements from business stakeholders and translate them into usable interfaces to support the business initiatives.
*Contribute to business process analysis, including translating requirements into Information Architecture schemas, validate error messages, and help improve the overall Usability of the applications.
- Provide advisory services on all aspects of usability and UI design; work with stakeholders to ensure solutions meet sound usability principles.
- Excellent usability/human factors skills and experience.
- Strong working experience facilitating large focus groups, design validations, competitive evaluations, task walkthroughs, and other Usability testing efforts.
- Practices user centered design methodology
- Three to five years participating/executing usability studies
- Two to four years of specifying interface designsÃ¢â‚¬Â¢
- Two to five years experience working with cross-functional software development teams
- Well-developed writing and verbal skills, sufficient to creatively and precisely articulate ideas and specifications for user interface implementation.
- Intermediate computer literacy (MS Office, Visio, Photoshop)
- Relevant certifications would be an asset (ie. HFIÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s certification programs
- CIBC or banking knowledge, a definite advantage
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization, across lines of business
- Be able to promote a sense of expertise/competence within the field of usability and user interface design.
There is candidate identified for this role, however all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
CIBC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. CIBC does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Conceptual Thinking
- Creative/ Innovative Thinking
- Impact & Influence
- Results Orientation