About the Position
The position reports directly to the Director of Engineering. The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for the most critical parts of our solution.
As a proud member of the R&D team, the successful applicant will be participating in all areas of R&D, such as requirement analysis, technical risk analysis and prototyping, designing, programming, and development testing. He/She will be also be working with the product management and marketing team. As a technical lead, he/she will be leading overall system design, implementation and testing, as well as technically supervising and mentoring other junior developers on the team. It is expected that the candidate’s responsibilities will grow with the company.
A winning attitude is a must to succeed!
- Develop and maintain the Tungle backend system.
- Work with the IT department to maximize system’s scalability, robustness and security.
- Must be pumped by web 2.0.
- Proficiency in Java, OO principles.
- Solid experience and knowledge in J2EE or similar server side technologies.
- Experience in XML related technologies.
- Experience in Web service (SOA).
- Familiar with various design patterns and best design practices.
- Familiar with Internet protocols and concurrent computing principles.
- Experiences in JBoss, EJB3/Hibernate (an asset).
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems independently; quick learner and self-starter.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent.