GUI designers are responsible for translating the visual components of the brand across interactive properties, working with photography, typography, video, animation and copy. GUI designers solve various user problems by creating elegant interfaces that clearly execute on design briefs while following user recommendations from various specialists within the web & game teams.
GUI designers are proficient with translating wire frames, persona data, and information architecture diagrams into pixel-perfect, visually compelling designs.
- Define and develop project objectives, implementing project milestones in conjunction with Development Managers and Game Directors
- Apply user interaction principles to work, demonstrating an accomplished understanding of user centered design
- Conceptual Development of mood boards, developing photographic style and typographic treatment
- Produce conceptual storyboards, site grids, and interface demos to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Work with Software Engineers to ensure correct implementation of designs
- Present design ideas to Web & Game Directors
- Lead and mentor other designers to enable effective execution of projects
- 5+ years of professional experience working in interactive / GUI design. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in both web and game GUI design
- Design portfolio demonstrating passion and enthusiasm for multi-discipline design techniques including web design and game GUI’s
- Additional experience in motion, animation and 3D design would be an Asset
- Experience mentoring small teams
- Solid understanding aspects of user centered design
- Ability to communicate and maintain consistent and compelling visual style
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with limited supervision
- Self-starter who works well with a team
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Dynamic problem solver
- Passion for playing video games
- Interested in Mentoring
- Keep up to date on new industry trends
- Good sense of humor
BigPark (www.bigpark.com) is a new media company that is creating innovative and entertaining social experiences for the rapidly growing online games and social network markets. We have assembled a team of world class designers, artists and engineers and have created an energetic and creative culture at our development studio located on the UBC campus. BigPark is a privately held company, founded by an experienced group of industry veterans.
To apply, send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Senior GUI Designer in the subject line of your email response.