Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM’s portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
As a member of the RIM User Experience team, the successful candidate will support user-centered design throughout the product development process, from concept to commercialization. Working closely with other cross-functional teams as well as customers and partners, he or she will define user models, work flows, and interaction design for a variety of products, create wire frames and low-fidelity prototypes to show design concepts, conduct user research and usability testing, and translate research findings into concrete design recommendations. He or she will package, present and ‘sell’ ideas and recommendations to other teams and to senior management. Additional responsibilities include contributing to user interface specifications and standards, working with interaction designers to create design concepts and prototypes, and contributing to product requirements and use cases.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in human computer interaction, systems design engineering, interaction design, or a related field
- 3-5+ years experience working in a professional environment on user experience research, feedback, and design
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once in collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Strong research and quantitative skills, including statistics and data analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills to translate research into practical recommendations
- A proven ability to articulate design concepts using rapid prototyping tools to define task flows, user interactions, and information architecture
- Ability to dialogue with cross-functional teams (from product management to development) to deliver industry leading solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate user experience ideas effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Experience planning and facilitating usability testing, focus groups, and customer interviews
- Solid understanding of user interface design principles and practices
- Must be passionate about user-centered design and user experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy and work in a fast-paced team environment
If you’re driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it’s time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!