Trapeze Group delivers solutions that consider the full 360 degrees of transport services. Whether addressing the needs of a single department, an entire organization, or the community, Trapeze provides the most advanced software, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and mobile technologies in the industry. Hundreds of government and commercial organizations across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific have turned to Trapeze to realize efficiencies, enhance the quality and scope of their services, and safely transport more people with less cost.
Today we have offices across North America, Europe, the UK and Asia Pacific staffed by transportation experts, software developers, system architects, consultants, project managers, trainers and implementation specialists. Visit www.trapezegroup.com.
As the User Experience Designer you will work alongside our talented software developer and product management teams to help ensure the highest level of usability, desirability and customer satisfaction for our enterprise solutions. You will work on Rich Internet Applications (RIA). Experience in traditional graphic design, visual design, user experience, user interaction and user interface are all components of this position. Excellent communication skills – both written and oral – are required.
- Review existing UI designs of our Web products and provide clear, actionable recommendations for usability and design ensuring a common look and feel (brand) across all applications.
- Research, analyze and help define user needs and design approaches for new applications.
- Working with development teams and product management, coordinate and implement UI design patterns that achieve usability and accessibility objectives.
- Develop and maintain user interface standards through documentation.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in interaction design, visual design, information design, computer sciences or related field.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in user experience / user interaction design.
- Ability to work with developers, product managers and cross-functional teams to deliver industry leading solutions.
- Highly creative with good conceptual skills, an original design sensibility and solid typographic and visual design skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of user centered design principles and methods.
- A proven ability to articulate ideas through rapidly built prototypes.
- Interest in and ability to design innovative experiences beyond existing standards and norms.
- Able to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive experience with user interface prototyping in HTML, Flash, Director, PhotoShop, etc.
- Experience with international accessibility requirements (ADA Section 508 ,W3C WCAG A, AA, AAA) an asset
- Highly proficient in Web technologies
Is This You?
To apply for this position, please submit a resume in Word, .PDF or HTML as well as provide samples of your work in jpg or .PDF formats or URL (online portfolios) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference ‘UX Designer’ in the subject line. You must submit a comprehensive portfolio including examples of visual UI design with your resume to be considered for this position.