Position title: Web Developer
Reports to: Director of Technology
henderson+bas is seeking an web developer.
The developer works closely with members of the technology and design teams to build solid, cross-platform, and valid interfaces for our web projects. The majority of the developer’s time is spent on client-side development, but will also require some light server-side scripting and design production work.
The ideal developer is passionate about the web, and very interested in the future of the medium. We like people who are subscribed to many technical RSS feeds, poke at every AJAX implementation to come down the pipe, and are always thinking about ways to work this into their next client project.
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science, programming or related field, (or equivalent experience when approved by the Director of Technology).
- 3+ years of professional software development experience and/or training.
- Thorough working knowledge of application development processes, methodologies and their direct application to technical projects.
- Strong programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills, and experience with numerous operating systems, development environments, programming languages, technical tools, architectures and source control systems
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills and experience with applying them to development practices & projects (i.e. debugging and testing).
- Develop documented and undocumented solutions/applications. This includes code development per project and organizational Technical Standards and Guidelines, development of test plans, estimates, code and module testing, application debugging, implementation of code that follows efficient design techniques, and code development that meets and exceeds the intent of the technical designs.
- Manage day-to-day tasks and activities to effectively meet project deliverables and schedule
- Accurately track and report project task, activity, documentation, time information per project standards (i.e. daily submission, detailed accounting of activities, follow up documentation, etc.).
- Validates and tests that finished work meet technical specifications.
- Consult on technical solutions with project team, peers, supervisor, and clients.
- Accurately assess the risks of the development of an application and escalates to supervisor, project team and/or peers.
Email your resume to Amit Saxena