p. Best Buy has immediate opportunities for driven, team-oriented, talented web designers to join our Web Creative Services team at our Canadian Headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
We are looking for dynamic Web Interface Designers to aid in the maintenance, development and design of our websites. You will be asked to use your creativity to design and develop web projects within pre-established guidelines. You will work as a valued member of a team dedicated to ensuring our sites meet the highest quality and content standards. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that produces one of the top ranked E-commerce web-stores in the country.
These are contract opportunities
Required Experience & Education
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in website interface design/development. Candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of work and sample URLs.
- A degree or diploma in web/multi-media/graphic design or design-related field
- Comfortable working in a Windows environment.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (ability to hand-code a must) ;
- Proficiency in graphics programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and Image Ready for creating images and animated graphics;
- Proficiency in creating interactive Flash animation/movies and integrate Flash with web pages. Ability to do ActionScript is an asset;
- Knowledge of classic ASP or ASP. NET 2 platform and C#
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, best practices, and procedures to produce multi-page web site.
- Ability to design web layout/navigation based on understanding of online user experience ;
- Detailed oriented, excellent organization, communication and strong analytical skills;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines is essential to keep up in our fast-paced environment.;
- Copywriting experience and French language skills are assets.
Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume.