Intuit Canada isn’t your average company. With products like QuickBooksÂ® and QuickTax, we're the #1 developer of retail financial software in Canada. But our employees don't just make software â€“ they create whole solutions to help revolutionize our customers' lives. And we're proud to say that our employees are up to the challenge. Are you* We’re always looking to add smart, motivated people to our team who want to grow with us and become leaders. Intuit Canada is consistently recognized as a top employer because we seek the best. In fact, Report on Business named us #11 on the 50 Best Employers in Canada list for 2007. Our casual work environment, emphasis on work-life balance and competitive rewards help set us apart from the rest. Founded in 1993, Intuit Canada's state-of-the-art headquarters is in Edmonton, though our 350+ employees are spread across the country.
The User Designer is a key member of the Customer Experience / Online Strategy team, whose focus is delivering on Intuit's Web channel goal of providing exceptional online user experiences. The successful candidate will be responsible for functional design and documentation for everything impacting the online customer experience. You will work closely with the Web marketing, development, and design teams, creating new features and enhancing existing features of our Web properties based on a balance of user and business requirements.
The successful candidate will have exceptional design skills, and extensive experience with the tools and techniques of user interface design, prototyping, and testing. Your professional background spans high-level experience design, persona and scenario development, storyboarding, information architecture, usability testing, and graphical user interface design.
As a User Interface Designer for Intuit Canada, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining detailed Web site design documentation, including but not limited to: user task flows, site maps, navigation structures, wireframes, interface design specifications, and task-based usability scripts. You will also work with designers to create mock-ups and developers to ensure that your design specifications are implemented effectively.
This influential role will be involved in multiple projects with various degrees of priority requiring the ability to monitor progress and ensure milestones are reached. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated, creative and independently-minded individual to apply their imagination, design, and prototyping skills to a variety of fast-paced e-commerce projects, and to help coach others in the principles and practices of design and innovation.
Equally important will be the ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment, contributing to making the team greater than the sum of its parts. Ideal candidates will welcome co-workers’ ideas and input, and will be adept at influencing them in return, the goal being to deliver the best possible outcomes for Intuit Canada's customers. These candidates will relish opportunities to share their knowledge and coach others who may have less design experience, so excellent communication skills and professional judgment are therefore required.
- Requirements definition: gathering and documentation, persona development, use case creation
- User research planning and execution: lab-based usability testing, contextual inquiry, task analysis
- User interface design: conceptual interaction models, information architecture, wireframes, site maps, user interface specifications
- Partner with technology team on design feasibility, with design team on visual design integrity, and with internal clients on business requirements and goal definition
- Excellent understanding of user experience design for the Web
- Expert user interface and information architecture design skills: candidates will be expected to provide examples
- 3 to 5 years experience in the design of user-centered application interfaces for Web sites or Internet applications
- Strong proficiency in conducting lab-based usability tests and heuristics evaluations
- Strong understanding of GUI design concepts and emerging technologies
- Extremely detail oriented
- Skilled use of major design software applications (e.g., Visio, Adobe Photoshop) and familiarity with Microsoft Office is expected
- Bachelors degree in a relevant design discipline
- Designing user experiences for consumer products is a plus
Apply online at Intuit Careers or search for Requisition # 63450 at http://www.intuit.ca/en/intuit/careers_search_other.jsp