p. Reporting to the Sr. Information Architect, the incumbent designs, produces, and maintains various OntarioMD websites, and contributes towards the overall web communication strategy.
- Create designs and HTML prototypes for new initiatives.
- Manage how images and other media will be digitally optimised and presented for the web
- Create designs that will take into account factors such as target audience and usability
- Develop standards driven, accessible web pages
- Develop and maintain content presentation templates
- Assist content producers with guidance in using images and HTML.
- Assist in maintaining the current OntarioMD websites
- Creative problem solving skills
- Proven success in handling multiple activities/projects as well as conflicting demands and priorities effectively under time constraints
- Able to multi-task
- Able to plan some aspects of own work within specified deadlines and according to priorities set by others
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and communicate clearly as this job requires interaction across all departments.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, multimedia, or related discipline related to the key responsibilities.
Work Experience Required
- 1 to 4 years of web design experience
- Advanced knowledge of XHTML, CSS, and of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator with formal training an asset.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Current knowledge about web design trends, web applications and web technology in general
- Online portfolio
- Very good spoken and written English.
The atmosphere at OntarioMD is relaxed, dynamic and goal-oriented.
Our team members are enthusiastic, innovative and energetic – they trust in one another’s skills and abilities – working together to deliver technology and services that provide secure and timely information to physicians.
We are strongly committed to high ethical standards. To join our team and be part of an environment where you can make a difference – both in the world of healthcare and in your own personal career – send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.