Position can be in Toronto or Vancouver
The Information Architect is responsible for the design and planning of the architecture and usability of the entire website as well as specific website sections and all other digital products at CBC.The Information Architect must work closely with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to define information architecture and usability requirements for products in development and to ensure that all digital products and websites meet a high level of information architecture and usability standards.
Finally the Information Architect must maintain a high awareness of industry trends, competitor developments and changes in the filed of information architecture and usability through an ongoing process of research, information gathering and personal development.
Roles and Repsonsiblities
The Information Architect is expected to:
- Research and design the information architecture and wireframes for CBC websites and digital products being developed.
- Work in close collaboration with Account Managers, Product Managers and other stakeholders to develop information architecture strategy â€“ addressing product, brand, marketing, content, and overall user experience.
- Create documentation including conceptual diagrams, wireframes, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards and content inventories.
- Collaborate with designers, technical developers, and project managers to deliver outstanding products.
- Contribute to the Product Development and Creative Team's positive internal atmosphere, quality of work, and growth.
- Research and document information architecture standards and best practices.
- Contributing to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient & effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Act as the information architecture advocate and consultant to project teams – provides expert guidance and leads thought regarding principles of information architecture and user-centered design.
- Analyze audiences and their information and functional needs.
- Review, critique and make recommendations for the improvement of the information architecture of all existing CBC website sections and digital products.
- Review, critique and make recommendations for the improvement of the overall information architecture of the combined CBC websites.
- University degree in human factors/usability or information architecture related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years related information architecture / human factors / usability working experience.
- At least 1 year experience in the role of information architect/ user experience lead /interface design lead.
- Experience applying research and analysis to information architecture design.
- Proven understanding user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from stakeholders.
- Experience with both large and small scale projects
- Ability to provide creative solutions balancing user, business and technical needs.
- Strong creative, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Logical, analytical mind-set.
- Extreme detail & consistency orientation.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Extreme detail orientation, and a passion for consistency.
- Extensive knowledge of front-end interactive design solutions for back-end data systems and working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers and their design constraints on the Web.
- Knowledge of CBC Mandate and programming and objectives is essential.
- Expertise in creating Visio documents, proficiency in creating PowerPoint and HTML prototypes and all other MS Office applications.
- Experience with and ability to use web browsers, email clients and other interactive applications and services.
The incumbent must find creative solutions to complex problems within resource and budgetary constraints and question current practices in order to promote innovative solutions. Will be required to propose creative ways to utilize technological opportunities.Also requires creativity in the creation and establishment of good internal work processes.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills is required to form partnerships and lead towards successful information architecture and usability recommendations both within CBC (between Manager, Sr. Managers, Directors and VPs) and with outside stakeholders (interested public, industry partners, creative community, organizations providing services, businesses in related industries, etc.)
- Must have initiative and the interpersonal skills to form productive relationships with individual stakeholders.
- Must be able to articulate complex creative or business concepts to producers, business partners, and program executives.
- Must be able to speak with confidence and clarity when representing the CBC.
- A high degree of mental effort is required to handle the demands of this position.
- Position requires the ability to propose creative ways to utilize technological and business opportunities, and in a highly competitive environment.
- Incumbent must meet both short and long term objectives by juggling day-to-day priorities with long-term planning and implementation requirements.
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment; however some travel is required to regional locations and/or conferences.
- Work on evenings, weekends and holidays may be required to meet deadlines.
- Job Field New Media
- Locations Vancouver
- Organization CBC.ca
- Posting Date Jun 18, 2007, 01:47 PM, Montreal, New York, Washington D.C. – (UTC -5:00)
- Unposting Date Jul 3, 2007, 02:59 AM, Montreal, New York, Washington D.C. – (UTC -5:00)
Status of Employment
- Work schedule(s)