CIBC Internet Channel
40 Dundas Street West, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 2C2
The person in this position is expected to have a strong background in usability, design and evaluation. It is essential that expertise has been established in the design of web solutions.
Key responsibilities include creating and maintaining ongoing in-house UI standards, guidelines within specifications for CIBC.com, CIBC Online Banking, CIBC Online Brokerage and President’s Choice Financial’s web sites.
Also, the UI Design Specialist meets the following criteria:
- Will be a consultant to the internal CIBC Internet Channel (IC) team as well as to CIBC IC clients.
- Displays excellent creative and communication skills combined with strong customer/user orientation in the creation of user interface designs.
- Creates, documents and evaluates information architecture and is applies their skills according to the needs of each project.
- Creates wireframes documenting designs that incorporate user requirements and business goals.
- Works closely with business analysts during the business requirements phase, providing input into business requirements as well as high-level designs as required to flesh out requirements.
- Provides specific detailed design requirements as applicable.
- Creates or oversees all detailed data elements for wire frame schematics as needed.
- Works closely with a graphic designer to develop and overlay branding to each design schematic, as required.
- Works closely with web communicator to verify that copy is customer friendly and meets the business goals.
- Applies CIBC branding strategy to all Internet Channel Designs.
- Ensures consistency with brand and adherence to general industry design guidelines and best practices.
- Conducts industry standard usability assessments on all designs including heuristic and observational evaluations.
- Works closely with the front-end development team, providing input and support during the build of each design.
- Works closely with the Business, Technology and Quality Assurance Groups during testing.
- Provides input and support during Post Implementation reviews.
- Monitor customer feedback and recommend design improvements to enhance user experience and usability.
- Monitors Internet industry developments and make recommendations for relevant advancements to CIBC web properties.
- Learns new design techniques and technologies as appropriate to ensure leading edge design.
- Ongoing liaison with Technology and Business Operations groups – proactively maintaining awareness of the CIBC Internet strategy.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the lines of business and all business partners.
- Proactively identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve the online customer experience.
Competencies (i.e. Skills & Knowledge)
- Education in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or equivalent work experience.
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design methodologies and has successfully put them to practice.
- Experience in planning, preparing and conducting both formal and informal industry standard usability assessments.
- In-depth understanding of electronic delivery, including Internet technology, content, capability and implementation.
- Experience in creating and documenting information architecture and web page mock-ups.
- Leadership skills sufficient to achieve results within a matrix management environment.
- Co-ordinate diverse and simultaneous activities by using effective planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ensure quality and competitiveness of Internet Channel design deliverables.
- Work with business partners, both internal and external, in developing creative approaches to content and design development that reflect the eChannels and CIBC Internet strategy.
- Knowledge of the organizational structure to work effectively with other departments and to understand how products are delivered to customers through electronic media.
- Understanding of electronic delivery, including Internet technology, content, capability, implementation, brand delivery and marketing.
- Creative/innovative thinking
- Results orientation
- Teamwork and partnering
Thank you for your interest. To be considered please apply directly to www.cibc.com/careers using job code number J0507-0883.